• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Secure log in

I'm guessing you're a Google Chrome user? I was just informed about this the other day and from what I found I believe it's simply warming you that you're connecting to an HTTP site which does not encrypt traffic when you log in. This is not a problem with the site so much as it's by design.

That said we are actively working on encrypted sessions, I've been personally testing it, as an IT professional encrypting sessions, especially logins, is a priority to me. I expect to enable and force encrypted sessions when we execute the forthcoming forum upgrade. Until then you should be able to simply ignore the message. Be aware that there is no path into your equipment.

Interesting. I'll have to update Firefox at work and check it out. I only guessed Chrome because the person who pointed it out to me the other day was a Chrome user.

Latest Firefox on desktop is doing the same thing for me. Earlier Firefox on laptop is not.

David Bricker / SYR

So not interfering, just saying "yo, that password you're entering isn't encrypted." Right? I'm actually glad there's finally a push against this. Moving toward HTTPS was one of the first things I went after (that was related to but not exactly tied to the forum upgrade project).

Well, interferring from the standpoint that "remembered" userids won't come up past the popup that says the world is going to come to an end if you log in.

I've seen it pop up this week even when filling out a form that contains a userid. Seems they might have gone a little far.

David Bricker / SYR

Back