• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Seats

Project_reaper

NAXJA Forum User
Ok dont know if im posting in the right area if not feel free to move..

Ok so as the title says seats, i scored pretty good on a set of leather heated seats out of a 01 limited for a good price. So i boughy them. Now my issuse is my jeep is a 98 sport has power everything else but power seats haha. I got the harness with the seats. But the connector that the is under the pass seat of the 01 is not in mine.

Yes i have reasearched for days on find what i needed to have these work in my jeep an the heated part of the seats work as well. What is different between the harness from 97-01 on the body side? Can i pick up a body harness with the seat plug work in my fuse block at the kicker?

Any way i can be pointed in the right direction of doing this conversion the right way and not hacked would be great thanks

If you can find the necessary 2001 body side wire harness and heated seat controls they should plug in.

Complete wire diagrams of the circuits are in your JEEP Factory Service Manual.

Last edited:
You might want to acquire FSMs for 1998 and 2001 XJ, so the wring diagrams can be compared.
Adding a relay, powered up when the ignition is 'on' and with the proper size fuses, may be needed to provide power to the seats.
Never seen an XJ (only ZJs) with Factory heated seats, so I have no idea where the switches would be placed.

Have you probed the existing under seat plug to see if it has power and where is comes from? The plugs may be different and need to be adapted.

There may not be anyone here who's done this mod, we have lost a lot of experienced members over the last few years. You may need to figure this out yourself.
Report back if you find a solution so the next person can search and find it.

The limited xjs do come factory with heated seats. Found that out from a buddy had no cluw either. My 98 dose not have any under seat plugs. I pulled up the diagrams for both years on alldata since mine didnt come factory with any power seats theres nothing on it.

How ever i will see if i can find a limited 01 and see if i can place that harness in there and if it will plug into the junction box and work. And go from there thanks.

If some one however dose have any instite on this please feel free to chim in.

Back