• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Seat belt torx bolt size?

montanaman

NAXJA Forum User
'91 XJ.

Anyone know the size of the Torx bolts holding the seat belts? It appears to be a T-45 or T-50, but I can't be sure. I live way out in the boondocks, so I need to order the proper size and have it mailed to me. Just need to know the size.

My driver's side clip (female end) is broken, so I need to replace it.

Also ... is there anything special I need to do to loosen those bolts? Are they in there with thread-lock or something? I've had difficulty with seat belts in the past.

Thanks.

The ends of the seat belt bolts on earlier style xj's, stick thru the floor... So the ends rust and corrode all to shit, then when you goto remove the bolts, it pulls all this shit back thru the threads of the nut welded to the unibody. Recipe for trouble.

Sorry, cant help ya on the Tsize, I would buy a set, you allways need what you aint got...

T-50 on my '93. Certain of it. Had to replace a broken seat belt latch a couple of weeks ago. I'm in the Seattle area, not much road salt, so it came out very easy. But, cleaning and PB-ing the underside sounds like good advice.

T-50 on my '93. Certain of it. Had to replace a broken seat belt latch a couple of weeks ago. I'm in the Seattle area, not much road salt, so it came out very easy. But, cleaning and PB-ing the underside sounds like good advice.

Thanks ... that's exactly what I need to do; replace a broken latch. Did you use a breaker bar or and impact wrench? Was it difficult to get the bolt loose?

Also ... where did you get the replacement latch?

I had much better luck soaking the exposed threads underneath with PBB, then cleaning them up with a wire brush just before removing them. Used a ratchet and breaker bar the first time (since the threads were in rough shape), then an impact driver the next couple of times.

Just did it, It is a T45 on the front seats latch/console side which is attached to the seat slider frame. The rears are all T47.

Back