• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

ruffstuff 9 inch axles f&r

xjbertha93

NAXJA Forum User
So I'm strongly leaning towards the ruffstuff specialties full float 9" rear and the front housing. My only concern is width. What width should I run to make findin shafts on the easy side. I want to run 35 splines and I've looked at lockers pretty much got that down.. I'm running 37's btw.

Would running full width 60 length and 60 outers make finding shafts easiest. Or could I run some what closer to stock width may 3/4 width And still find shafts to work?

Thanks for any input guys.

Honestly, imo shafts aren't hard to find anymore. Especially with many manufacturers making 'cut to fit' shafts. You may not be able to have them same day, but you can get em pretty quick from lots of places.

Not to mention, if your running 35 spline rear, and I assume chromo 35 spline front, unless you have a healthy v8 I don't think your gonna be breaking much.

I'd go with whatever width suits your needs, your building beefy custom axles! You should be just fine

What he said. With modern 35 spline chromo or 300m stuff, you're never going to have to 'find' shafts, and if you do, the shaft itself is the least of your worries.

If you're really concerned about it, make the rear equal length shafts and buy a spare rear. The front, you can remove the broken and come out in 3 wheel drive.

It will take approximately 1 day more to order custom length shafts as it would to order an 'oem spec' shaft, and usually those will be made to order anyways.

Honestly, imo shafts aren't hard to find anymore. Especially with many manufacturers making 'cut to fit' shafts. You may not be able to have them same day, but you can get em pretty quick from lots of places.

Not to mention, if your running 35 spline rear, and I assume chromo 35 spline front, unless you have a healthy v8 I don't think your gonna be breaking much.

I'd go with whatever width suits your needs, your building beefy custom axles! You should be just fine

I don't plan in running a v8.. Atleast for awhile. And if I ever do I'm pretty light on the skinny pedal. That's why I haven't broke stock axles on 37s yet lol. But that makes me feel better cause I wanted to go a little wider but I didn't want the full width of tons. Thanks for the info!

Back