• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rocky road outfitters

they're awesome, glen and his crew are great to deal with and have some great products.

i have had terrible service from them and honesty jmaxj said the first positive thing i can remember hearing about them.

many of thier parts dont fit right

thier website is misleading trying to hype up their products and try to make other proven products sound like deathtraps.

i have heard of less terrible customer service.

took me 2 months to get a budget boost from them several years ago. it was in in stock item supposedly, and thats the last and only time i dealt with them. 2 months to ship something is bogus

Bought parts from them a while back. 1.5" BB with BPEs for my XJ. They accidentally sent extra spacers, so I got 3" up front. Yippee, so far. When we tried to install everything, the spacers were good, fit great. The shackles were beefy and took some wrestling, but that was expected. The BPEs would not go on for some reason. There were 3 of us who tried, the other 2 vastly more experienced than I (xjohnnyc one of them), and we couldn't get them on. We'd already cut one bar pin out, so Johnny made a last minute run to buy a shock for a Geo Metro in order to steal the bar pin from it.

When I called RRO and spoke to Glen, he told me it was all my fault, obviously it was my screw up. There's no way there was a problem with their product. I insisted that 3 of us had tried every BPE at each corner, and there was no getting around it. They weren't fitting. So, to "make things right", he offered to give me a full refund on the $30 or so I had spent to include the BPEs, so long as I paid return shipping and a 15% restocking fee. So basically, I'd be repackaging them, paying for the materials and shipping, and going to the hassle of actually shipping them in order to get $5 back. I kept them and eventually was able to get the rears to fit, and bought JKS BPEs later for the front. For all the Rusty gets, when I had a problem (he forgot to ship me the tow hooks with my tow hook brackets), he immediately apologised, checked his records to be sure I was who I said I was, and shipped me a pair of hooks within 3 days, no questions. I would buy from Rusty again long vefore I ever bought from Rocky Road.

Moral of the story? RRO can have good parts, but their service and attitude suck and they will never see another dollar from me again. Which sucks cuz I really wanna buy another Tracker, and if their Rockfather kit ever is released (it's been in testing since 2005, WTF), I would love to buy it.

Their customer service is not very good. Their shipping can be very expensive just like Rustys. I also hated the way their 4.5" lift was put together for the XJ. Will not get anymore outta me.

I won a $150 gift certificate on facebook from them. I never got it.

I like their products. I like several of the people that work there. They have always treated our chapter well with stuff to give away but for every one good experience I hear about I also hear at least twenty who has had horrible service from them.

Thats as honest as I can be.

Rocky Road Outfitters (RRO) sold me the wrong shocks which do not even fit their bar pin eliminators(BPE). RRO made it prohibitively expensive for me to attempt to return the shocks. By telephone, I ordered Bar Pin Eliminators (BPE) and a pair of front shocks (Brand: Old Man Emu (OME)) from Rocky Road Outfitters (RRO). In the phone call, I asked the salesperson, Matt, several times to verify that the shocks had eyes on the bottom to bolt to the BPE's. RRO said the shocks had the eyes on the bottom to bolt to the BPE's, both of which they were selling to me. The salesperson put me on hole for a few minutes, while he checked the stock room to verify that the shocks were in-stock. He said the shocks were in stock. Soon after I received the box containing the BPE's and the pair of front shocks, I examined the shocks to find out that the shocks did not have the eyes at the bottom. I immediately called RRO, to tell that they sent me the wrong shocks which did not directly bolt to the BPE's. The salesperson attempted to place the blame on ARB and me. The salesperson lied and said that I called him asking for a specific part #. (Not true. When I called and placed the order, I only had an idea of a few older part numbers of some shocks that were used on various other Jeeps.) RRO refused to take any responsibility for their mistake. Moreover, RRO made it prohibitively expensive for me to return the shocks. RRO said I had to pay the return shipping nor would I be refused any of my original shipping costs. (RRO said they "Would waive the 15% restocking fee" That is no skin off their back.) A customer can not depend on RRO to suggest or sell the correct parts. RRO does not add any value to Old Man Emu products. You might as well purchase directly from ARB, off Amazon.com, or someone else. I will never again do business with RRO. Orson P. Yancey</pre>

Back