• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rig shopping.....

Yeah they sent me a copy of the comp vehicles. All of them are 1500 suburbans. :roflmao:

Yeah, I feel most insurance companies have people that are in general clueless about vehicles.

To them, they probably really think it is the same thing.

If my '99 F-350 were to get totalled, it would get interesting. I know they would *try* to give me well under $10k.

I'd let them know good luck finding my truck ('99.5-03 7.3L, 6 Speed, CCLB, Lariat, less than 150k on it, etc.) for $15k or less.

It wouldn't take me too long to prove it to them though :laugh:

It only took me 6 months or so of searching to find it.

Oh yeah, I really hope my truck doesn't get totaled. I keep full coverage on it, but I know I'd be in for a fight to get good money for it. Even if I did, I'd be really hard pressed to replace it. Good luck even finding a 1/2 ton truck with only 135,000 miles on it for less than $20,000, let alone a fully loaded crew cab 4x4 diesel.

Oh yeah, I really hope my truck doesn't get totaled. I keep full coverage on it, but I know I'd be in for a fight to get good money for it. Even if I did, I'd be really hard pressed to replace it. Good luck even finding a 1/2 ton truck with only 135,000 miles on it for less than $20,000, let alone a fully loaded crew cab 4x4 diesel.

Honestly, if I couldn't find another, I'd possibly look at something newer...maybe.

I just went and did a quick look around, hell, $15k might be easy!

I'm seeing several private parties (of what I can find remotely comparable), for around $20k.

Most dealerships are right around $15k (or more).

I'd trade mine for this one: https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/704954132/overview/

Though...I'd be taking a "few" parts off mine...

Last edited:
Honestly, if I couldn't find another, I'd possibly look at something newer...maybe.

I just went and did a quick look around, hell, $15k might be easy!

I'm seeing several private parties (of what I can find remotely comparable), for around $20k.

Most dealerships are right around $15k (or more).

I'd trade mine for this one: https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/704954132/overview/

Though...I'd be taking a "few" parts off mine...

6.0L? You're crazy. There's a reason it's cheap.

My truck KBB's for $13,000 so I'm screwed if it ever gets totaled.

Yeah so on the recent phone call. They said they did a supplemental comp. only found 1 matching identical to mine. In California. And it didn't change the value at all. So after 5 minutes online, I sent them a list of 9 more, all magically over the value I want for the truck. I don't see this going calmly much longer.

Yeah, it's not like you have a unicorn.

They're out there.

Sounds like usual process for them.

Keep scraping as low as they can until you accept, or keep showing "comps" that merit their lowball to you, even though the comps are remotely actual comps.

And yes. The 03-04 8.1 with the lt is a rare truck given its siblings. But it's not impossible to find. Only a couple in Colorado as a whole. About 20 nationwide.

The L18 and 4l80 isnwhat makes it hard to find. Lots of 6.0 4l60 setups.
Even less with the 'camper' package and sunroof.

well looks like i dont have to shop for a new ride. Worked out a deal on the burb, I keep it and they pay out a decent amount. So ill get the banged up parts that matter fixed and the rest ill leave since they arent important

Back