• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Renix 87-90, HO-91-97, 98 & up Fuel injectors?

Renix and HO headers are the same, you just need to add the egr bung. How do I know, I bought one of the last Mopar headers. This was around 2000-2001. It came without the egr bung. I talked to the maker, Mike Leech, and I said it was the wrong header, I have a non-HO. He said they are the same, just send it back, and I'll add the egr bung. Which he did, and it fit fine on the Renix head and on the current HO head. Nodrama, your build is very similar to mine. I can tell you that 22# injectors are too much at 6000 feet, but the initial indication when the engine was installed was that it was running lean. Now I get 7 mpg with a stick. :) More work to be done.

Renix and HO headers are the same, you just need to add the egr bung. How do I know, I bought one of the last Mopar headers. This was around 2000-2001. It came without the egr bung. I talked to the maker, Mike Leech, and I said it was the wrong header, I have a non-HO. He said they are the same, just send it back, and I'll add the egr bung. Which he did, and it fit fine on the Renix head and on the current HO head. Nodrama, your build is very similar to mine. I can tell you that 22# injectors are too much at 6000 feet, but the initial indication when the engine was installed was that it was running lean. Now I get 7 mpg with a stick. :) More work to be done.

The headre\\ers are the same at the "head" end, but not at the "headpipe" end.
The header outlet is at a different location.

I have also read the head ports, on the heads do not line up the same, risking ex-gasket leaks and other issues.

Well, I've had the header on my jeep for 14 years, with no leaks. It's a long tube header. The exhaust flange actually hits the driveshaft when I flex disconnected, which I've done pretty much a couple of times a year for the last 14 years, yet it is intact. As far as the header output goes, when I installed the header I had a complete custom 2.5" exhaust installed. Why would anyone install a header, and keep the stock exhaust??

Well, I've had the header on my jeep for 14 years, with no leaks. It's a long tube header. The exhaust flange actually hits the driveshaft when I flex disconnected, which I've done pretty much a couple of times a year for the last 14 years, yet it is intact. As far as the header output goes, when I installed the header I had a complete custom 2.5" exhaust installed. Why would anyone install a header, and keep the stock exhaust??

That's why it was a "bolt on".

Back