• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Renix 1987-1990 Remanufactured engine

RWKHausSupply

NAXJA Forum User
In 2006 I replaced my blown (metal in it) engine in my 1990 jeep.

Since then I have about 2000 miles MAX on it. It is a trail rig that was used about 2-3 times a year.

The engine started as a Autozone remanufactured long block.

Added to it, at that time was
New:
Water pump, pacesetter header, distribitor, intake manifold that looked brand new, and oil pan.

It was ran like that for about 3 years, roughly 1000miles max. Then it started to run a bit rough, so I went and replaced the following in 2009.
NEW:
6 matched Venom fuel injectors
TPS - throttle position sensor
CPS - crank position sensor
Fuel pressure reg
IAC - Idle air control valve
intake air temp sensor
and prolly something else I am missing.

Engine regained anything it was laking at that time and was always great to me. Never even came close to overheating. Oil pressure was always great. Ran strong.

For 900$ you get everything above, complete, including a 120Amp alt, AC pump that is converted to air compressor for OBA, throttle body, etc.

Its a complete engine under the hood MINUS, the power steering pump, & motor mounts. Will even include a rustys intake and filter.

The header EGR tube was too short to fit right so the EGR portion is not connected on the header/intake. Once the engine is out of the jeep though, it would be a easy fix to get done.

engine06.jpg

For only 1100$ more you can have the buggy it is in and the AW4 trans, and transfer case.

The buggy have a full traction long arm front system on it w 7" springs and air bump cans installed. Has very extensive Safe cage work. body is very rigid and sound. has extensive unibody plating and floor plating. Will include cam lock harnesses, and race seats, hid head lights, newer radiator, power steering ext cooler, and a whole lot more I cant think of right now.

here is a picture of it with axles that ARE NOT INCLUDED! We will have a D35 rear and 2wd beam front in it for a roller. Also no, shocks, or the actual air bumps, only cans. The Newer steering box plumbed for hydro assist and all lines will be included, no ram though. If you dont need hydro assist, just pipe plug the box with brass plugs and your fine.

These are pictures of it from the past. Remember these wheels and tires, and axles are not included.

P1000254.JPG

IMG00045-20100508-1213.jpg

Will deliver, within the area between cathedral city and anaheim.

Jeep is currently in Yorba Linda, but will be in Cathedral city when the engine is removed.

Robert
7I4-87S-24I4

Last edited:
oops forgot to add that I hit the oil pan on something and when I did it cut it, so I replaced the oilpan earlier this year. When we did, my buddy did something wrong :) and he made a small leak at the pass side I think.

So for 2k, you leave the motor in, and it will be driveable with junk tires and axles?

I'm digging for loose change in the couch as I type :drool:

Is it still registered for street?

Last edited:
So for 2k, you leave the motor in, and it will be driveable with junk tires and axles?

I'm digging for loose change in the couch as I type :drool:

Is it still registered for street?

Its on a dual register that is only off road currently, for like 2 yrs now. Has a plate.

As for ready to wheel:
needs..
has stock:
rear leafs
Front and rear axles
Wheels tires

No
alt
ps pump
shocks
tcu
maybe a few other odds and ends I missed.

I will give the buyer at cost diff parts for what everaxles the buys does in it as well as free gear setup labor for em.

Well I think I have worked out a deal on it. Will post up when I know for sure.

Sorry gone...

Back