• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

RADesigns/Manual shifting of AW4 Question

spinaldex

NAXJA Forum User
Alright, so I'm sitting on the rail shifter and I want to install it tonight or tomorrow. I've read the instructions but I want to deviate from it slightly in that I don't care about the torque convertor lockup. I only plan to use the rail shifter if I'm crawling, other than that (mud, snow, highway, etc) I plan to turn off the rail shifter and switch back to auto (TCU controlled everything). For that reason, I basically want to just hookup 1 switch to switch between the rail shifter/transmission. Will that work? ie, just skip any instructions related to wiring up the TC switch?

I have a '00, so what I show right now is:

Rail Shifter:

- Red: Switched 12V
- Blue: (Solenoid 1)
- Yellow: (Solenoid 2)

On-Off-On Switch (looking at the switch from the connections side):

TCU - White | TCU - Orange/White
AW4 - White | AW4 - Orange/White
Rail Shifter Blue | Rail Shifter Yellow

Can anyone confirm that this will work fine for my needs?

Thanks!

Message R.DesJardin.
He's always on the nw chapter forum. He the dude

It's done. I did it without the resistors to start and I'm just clearing the codes with my bluetooth code reader. I'll definitely be going back to add the resisters and some LED's later. Thanks for the link to the thread!

Back