• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Pure gas vs. ethanol

Well, good people, MANDATED E15 is coming to all 50 states--soon. Say "thank you" to the Environmental Terror Agency.

It's not mandated, it's approved for sale, slight difference ;)

Only "mandate" is that if you are buying it out of a "blender pump", you have to buy at least 4 gallons because if somebody (like myself) bought E85 out of it prior to you getting there, there might be a little E85 left in the hose, causing what ever is getting it to get "too stiff of a drink". Only real problem I can see from that would be a piston getting torched or other damage from the engine being run too lean because of it. Otherwise it could flush any gum, varnish, or carbon out of the engine and fuel system a little too well and you might have to change the oil in any 4 stroke equipment sooner than you normally would.

It's not mandated, it's approved for sale, slight difference ;)

Only "mandate" is that if you are buying it out of a "blender pump", you have to buy at least 4 gallons because if somebody (like myself) bought E85 out of it prior to you getting there, there might be a little E85 left in the hose, causing what ever is getting it to get "too stiff of a drink". Only real problem I can see from that would be a piston getting torched or other damage from the engine being run too lean because of it. Otherwise it could flush any gum, varnish, or carbon out of the engine and fuel system a little too well and you might have to change the oil in any 4 stroke equipment sooner than you normally would.

The Environmental Terror Agency has a MANDATED implementation date for E15 in spite of all efforts by automotive groups WITH the science to back them up that E15 will DAMAGE vehicles not designed for its use.

There is no science, just a half assed "study" from the Petrolium Institute that saw a couple vehicles fail while burning pure gasoline and some of them surviving upwards of 40% before engine failure. I'll have to double check, but they only dynoed the engines to a combined 500k miles. The EPA's testing saw in excess of 1 million combined miles. I'd have no problems running it in my XJ, maybe bump it up to 20% if we had pumps here that would sell it.

While the newer engines and ECU,O2 and other sensors can compensate for the increased ethanol,those of us with more experienced XJ,s our systems cannot and will suffer driveablity problems.
Its not weather fuel lines and tanks,ect go bad..it the lean mixtures that the ECU and sensors cannot correct that will kill our engines...

Back