• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Project Gunny

AwesomeXJ

NAXJA Forum User
So picked up my buddies old jeep The Sarge.
54bba87cfb7b327eccb32839c58d995c.jpg

No drivetrain or suspension. Still has gas tank skid, 1 corbeau gt seat and 2 sets 5 point harnesses, zj master, steel tail light boxes with red/orange leds, extended break lines, rear bumper that the swing arm in my garage fell off of and acos. Oh, and a 3rd tank of gas! All the glass is in tact.

Not a bad amount of stuff for the $200 I paid. I'm not exactly sure how this build is gonna go but i do know i want at least 3/4tn axles, chopped and caged. I'll keep you posted as i go. This should be fun!:cool:

I personally wouldn't chop the top up. All of them that I have seen just don't work. You will have nothing but water leaks and the smell of exhaust. If you want a crew cab with a useless shorter then short bed then buy a Subaru baja. Plus it would just add to the already large build project.

I'm kinda in the same boat with my current project. I have a list of things that are already in progress and have started adding things to it. I had to stop tonight and look at the big picture. I have put together a priority list. 1. Make the motor run again. 2. Swap out the ax-5 for a SM420. Then after those two are done and working. Which is going to be a project in themselves. Then convert to a propane, turbo setup.

Dave

Ya. Idk. If it gets chopped it'll be the bottom on the list. My thought was a hatch back style full tilt open.

Lol. They are the arms that were on it before it was stripped. But $200 is better tgan new re long arms. So, ya

Well. Today i decided to scrap project gunny. Im gonna use everything of use to build my 97 and give the shell to my buddy that used to own it. It was a fun idea to entertain but the reality is i cant afford to build a separate jeep. I think this is the most logical thing to do.

Well on the bright side you have collected a decent amount of parts to start with. I seen a set of 4:10 gears on Craigslist to fit hp30/8.25 for $150.

Back