• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

possible scam artist @ work

cdn_xj

NAXJA Forum User
Posted the following in cherokeeforum but since it originated here I figured I should make y'all aware of it too.

"Well... it seems that my string of successful transactions has come to an end. I was contacted by a member in response to a wtb ad I posted. We came to terms and I sent the money via paypal. The last payment was Feb 15. He said he'd pull the parts and ship the next day and advise the tracking number.

Well... that didn't happen. All subsequent communication has been me asking (very nicely) if the parts had been shipped yet about once a week to be told "Didn't get a chance" "sorry been busy" etc.

I'm not going to release the name of this member (yet) in the hopes that he comes through and I'm just being a little paranoid. I realise that ****/life happens But $260 is a fair chunk of change and i don't think communicating with me to keep me in the loop is asking too much. unfortunately, my gut is telling I'll never see the goods.

How disappointing."

How it went down was I posted in wtb and got contacted via PM here on naxja. Seller then asked for my phone number to text me pics. I recognized the pics sent as being exactly the same as those posted on cherokeeforums for sale. We agreed on terms via text and I paid via paypal. That was Feb 15th.

The transaction is in dispute with paypal. In light of new information I will be escalated it to a claim asap.

Link to full thread here

Admin(s) please contact me via PM as I have information to share with you.

Out him. Post his name so we can keep a track record of these happenings. I have been fortunate for every transaction being perfect in the last year.

Please hit the report button on all PMs involved in the dispute and put a brief explanation of the situation in at least one of the report boxes. We can't look into your inbox without you doing that, and with the report feature, everything is sent exactly as the forum saw it, no funny business is possible so it's very solid evidence.

Definitely go with paypal dispute process as well. They suck, but it's about the only recourse.

edit: the flood of PM-report notification emails may annoy a few people, but getting to the bottom of someone possibly screwing a NAXJA member out of a few hundred bucks is worth the annoyance I think.

Back