• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Poll: Who will win in November?

Pick who wins in November.

• Hillary Clinton

Votes: 7 17.1%
  • Gary Johnson

Votes: 11 26.8%
  • Donald Trump

Votes: 23 56.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
And they thought they'd never need that geometry class in middle school. Damnit!

Why would you get kicked out....Trump only plans to deport people who snuck in to begin with. Surely you have papers showing your right to be here?

You know I was halfway hoping Hillary had won. I'm sure that Bill would have taken on a cause as is the tradition for the first Lady, except first person in his case. Whatever the title you get my drift.

As the spouse of the first female president I think that Bill would have naturally gone with something affecting women. It would have been fun to watch the media react when he announced he was going to work toward bringing an end to dysphagia among women.

Bill was consoling Hillary...Remember Nelson Mandella didn't become president until after he served 27 years in prison. :cool:

Why would you get kicked out....Trump only plans to deport people who snuck in to begin with. Surely you have papers showing your right to be here?

Yeah I was just playing. But as a Latino you can't help it but to react to what he had been saying all along. It's just sad to see that unfortunately that race still plays a big role. And I'm just speaking from experience of course not saying everyone is like this but, o boy was my experience in Southaven, Mississippi interesting.

On business trip I went out with 2 of my colleagues to eat and to my surprise, we walk inside a restaurant and all eyes on me (not because of I was wearing a suit and a tie lol). Let's just say the service was a bit different for myself and colleagues (both are aHoles for not telling me that was going to happen as they knew what was up). So when Trump went ahead and used the words latinos and deportation I think of the south. Although an individual came in to this country legally, a southerner (in my opinion) will not understand that. I just think Trump ignited just a bit of that reality again. We aren't all bad lol

Also, if a Latino and a European person get pulled over. Who will be asked to show documentation of residency/citizenship (if they could ask). Maybe I'm looking too much into it. But I do agree, get all the bad people out.

One more thing, I always fly my Mexico flag when there's a soccer game and or an international baseball game in which Mexico is a part of (just cheering for the team). Already got told to go back to Mexico by 2 motorists. But once confronted about their remarks they get quiet. I can't even put my Mexico flags on my car on such events as I'll be expecting those type of remarks and don't have the time to confront everyone lol, I guess I can thank the "protestors for that one" (making us look bad) though.

My bad for venting on here guys, just thought I'd share my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One more thing, I always fly my Mexico flag when there's a soccer game and or an international baseball game in which Mexico is a part of (just cheering for the team). Already got told to go back to Mexico by 2 motorists. But once confronted about their remarks they get quiet. I can't even put my Mexico flags on my car on such events as I'll be expecting those type of remarks and don't have the time to confront everyone lol, I guess I can thank the "protestors for that one" (making us look bad) though.

DO not get your panties all in a wad because of what people say or the way they look at you. I am black, I was not born in the US, and I fly the flag of my Caribbean island on my Toyota and my XJ. Yes, sometimes I get dirty looks and negative words and I usually answer politely but firmly, proud of my origin and equally proud to be a citizen of this great country. When I meet a real idiot I give my most naive smile and move on without a word. 99% of the people I meet here in the US are some of the most wonderful people you will ever meet. When you meet a real idiot, ignore that idiot and move closer to the 99%.

My first 6 years living here in the US was just North of you, in Memphis so I am well aware of the attitude of the 1%. I also have many great friends 20 years later including US born blacks, whites, as well as Latinos from Mexico all the way South to Argentina.

Do not forget the wonderful people here on Naxja forum. They are absolutely wonderful to hang out with and I would testify to that although I spent more time wheeling and camping with the guys from the North East.

Do not be afraid. This is a beautiful country with plenty of great people. If you meet an idiot move on to another person.

:patriot::patriot:

But as a Latino you can't help it but to react to what he had been saying all along.

True. Most of those I know, family included not only supported his immigration policies but also voted for him. He didn't say anything that wasn't already the law.

It's just sad to see that unfortunately that race still plays a big roll.

Mexican is a nationality. Its not a race. My Mother in lay is Mexican, my wife was American.

There are only four races among humans.

Just say'n.

in Memphis so I am well aware of the attitude of the 1%.

Do not forget the wonderful people here on Naxja forum. They are absolutely wonderful to hang out with and I would testify to that although I spent more time wheeling and camping with the guys from the North East.

Do not be afraid. This is a beautiful country with plenty of great people. If you meet an idiot move on to another person.

:patriot::patriot:

-Yup, went to Memphis as well. Beale st was pretty cool. But definitely NAXJA members are all awesome. I haven't changed my ways but just notice the reaction of others a bit more.

True. Most of those I know, family included not only supported his immigration policies but also voted for him. He didn't say anything that wasn't already the law.

Mexican is a nationality. Its not a race. My Mother in lay is Mexican, my wife was American.

There are only four races among humans.

Just say'n.

I know what u mean bud, and what I've should of said was Skin Color/Ethnicity not Race.

👍🏽👍🏽 thanks guys

Yeah I was just playing. But as a Latino you can't help it but to react to what he had been saying all along. It's just sad to see that unfortunately that race still plays a big role. And I'm just speaking from experience of course not saying everyone is like this but, o boy was my experience in Southaven, Mississippi interesting.

On business trip I went out with 2 of my colleagues to eat and to my surprise, we walk inside a restaurant and all eyes on me (not because of I was wearing a suit and a tie lol). Let's just say the service was a bit different for myself and colleagues (both are aHoles for not telling me that was going to happen as they knew what was up). So when Trump went ahead and used the words latinos and deportation I think of the south. Although an individual came in to this country legally, a southerner (in my opinion) will not understand that. I just think Trump ignited just a bit of that reality again. We aren't all bad lol

Also, if a Latino and a European person get pulled over. Who will be asked to show documentation of residency/citizenship (if they could ask). Maybe I'm looking too much into it. But I do agree, get all the bad people out.

America is a not so much a "Melting Pot", but a Crucible. Each wave of Immigrants has faced it's share of trials and tribulations - with no exceptions. In the end, the Immigrant becomes part of society, and their customs are woven into the fabric of America.

To divide ourselves into "Latinos", "WASPS", "Jews", "Blacks", LGBTQ", or whatever doesn't move the interest of the Whole forward.

I understand the Team Mexico thing, and can see the confusion.
For those who don't understand that you are rooting for a Team and not a Nationality, it can tough.
We have been fighting an informal economic war with Mexico for decades, and NAFTA didn't help retain jobs here.
Then there are the Millions of uneducated people fleeing Countries in South America where their Governments are failing. They just want a better life, but we don't have enough well paying jobs for our own under educated.
It's caused tension.

I believe that the general thought on Flags is this:
'Fly whatever countries flag you want, but on American soil, be respectful and fly it under the American flag.'
To fly another Country, State, City, or Team above that flag is disrespectful because there is a rich history of not only Citizens, but Non-Citizens fighting and dying for the freedoms we enjoy here.

Last edited:
Back