• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Pledge of Allegiance

Put the bottle down, sober up, and realize that those days are long gone.

It's all a pipe dream!!! :anon:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZBTyTWOZCM

This my be old and you've seen it before, but i think he hits the nail on the head.
Said by a real American in my books.He was a Great Funny man

Please enjoy and God Bless

I don't do YouTube.

But, I'm guessing that would be Red Skelton's dis-assembly of the Pledge? You're right - it's a very good bit.

And Dan's right - those days are gone. (Much to my dismay. I'm a patriot, not a nationalist. I know we get things wrong - but we've been getting them wrong of late a lot more often than we've been getting them right...)

When did patriotism fall out of fashion, anyhow? I still believe in the idea of the United States being the last best hope for the world - but the practise of it over the last 20-30 years in particular seems to be aimed toward turning us into any other Third World Hellhole...

Yes, I spend an awful lot of time writing my elected representatives - I can hear them groaning when they see another letter from me. It's probably gotten me on a few "Domestic Unrest" watch lists.

But I don't care. If someone is doing something wrong, they must be told! What is wrong about it, why it is wrong, and what can be done about it.

Back