• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Opinions please: Isuzu Vehicross

Original_MudButt

NAXJA Forum User
Anyone here have any experience with Izusu's in general.

I have only one friend who had an early 80's diesel pick-up... He said try as might, he could not kill it.

I hear the Vehicross shares some of it's parts with the Trooper.

I'm looking at this for my daughter......

isuzu_vehicross.jpg

i think theyre awesome looking.

I agree if they're built up... I snaked the picture above from the net, but I think it's a toy or an RC car. But I love the look, and if I decide to get one, that's the look I'll strive for.

I'm a little worried about parts availability tho. They only imported about 4000 of these to the U.S.

I'm a machinist by trade and can weld/fab just about anything. But I'm worried most about the electronics.

That's why I was asking if anyone had any experience with one....

Thanks.....

im pretty sure its mostly trooper parts like you said, i dont think getting parts will be an issue.. unless youre talking body panels, interior pieces, etc.

YAY.jpg

Here's a picture on a local wheeling buddy's VX. Todd Adams (R.I.P-2011) wheeled this rig for several years in Utah and surrounding area trails before his passing last year.
They are fairly capable rigs on moderate trails when set up properly, similar to the Compass.

Every time I see one, I want to pull a grand theft auto and ram it off the road, or burn it with fire.

I think they are pieces of crap to be honest. My brother had a rodeo for years as his first car, thing handled terribly.

My cousin has one, they are a nice little buggy, hes used trooper and rodeo parts fixing his...which wasnt alot. Its got over 225k on it and still takes it camping etc. Be a nice and different buggy for your daughter. They are reliable, Ive been around his alot

Back