• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Oklahoma iarthquake

Wallyman

NAXJA Forum User
I know some people in some parts of the country are accustomed to tremors but not me here in north Texas. Oklahoma has been experiencing small earthquakes as of late, and last night one of them was strong enough that we felt it here in our town. Thats an unnerving feeling. I've been through countless hurricanes, tornadoes, ridden in tracked troop carriers, flown in helicopters, done all manners of Marine Coprs combat related fun and that shaking freaked me out. It was a mere 3 or so seconds but if you arent used to it, it's a humbling experience.
thats all i wanted to say.

We get them every once in a while here in Ilinois too, usually between 12-4am it seems. First one ae got that shook the house hit around 1am or so and woke me up, I'm laying there thinking "What kind of azzhole drives around with his bass cranked like at this time of the night!"

Shook you up so bad that it caused your i and e to swap places on your keyboard? Or maybe it was Steve Jobs rolling over in his grave? :D

Back