• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

NP231 SYE and Driveshaft

pjanda1

NAXJA Forum User
For parts or repair: This NP231 was rebuilt (new seals and bearings) less than a year ago and has about 2k miles on it. It is the 23 spline medium length input shaft, which is to say, post-91' for an auto trans. The slip yoke eliminator is a hack and tap with the flat Spicer flange. I also have a matching rear drive shaft for an XJ/Cherokee. It was evidently new when I got the Jeep in January!

Here's the thing: the t-case has issues. It pops out of 4L when crawling. And even when shifted to 2H, it will sometimes act like it is in 4H. I'm not sure what it needs. Buy it to fix or use it for parts for a hack and tap SYE conversion where you don't need to hack or tap! I think all the output shafts are the same, so you could use the output shaft, output housing, and flange to convert a case with a different input shaft.

$150 for the t-case, $50 for the driveshaft, OBO.

Paul

Back