• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Notice of Special Election for SoCal Chapter Vice President position

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carol.92124

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
In accordance with the bylaws:

Article VI Section 4 (b):

If any other Officer or Board Member is recalled or resigns, that position shall be considered for immediate election to fill the vacancy for the unexpired portion of the term. A minimum of one week notice shall be given that a special election will be held, followed by a two week nomination period, which is then proceeded by a one week voting period. The newly elected Officer or Board Member will take office immediately.

There will be a special election for the SoCal Chapter Vice President position. The vacancy was created by the promotion of Stephan “Karstic” Regenfuss to SoCal Chapter President following the resignation of prior President John “jeeperjohn” Thomas on 6/4/2013.

The winner of the special election will serve as Vice President for the rest of the current term which expires 12/31/2013 at 11:59 PM.

This thread will serve as notice of the special election. The nomination process will open on Tuesday June 11, 2013 not earlier than 10am PDT.

Last edited by a moderator:
The whole situation is a tough one, but glad it is getting resolved. Thanks Carol for the work you've put into this. Hopefully John does know he still has a lot of friends here and can continue with the club after he gets back on track.

John can continue with the club even BEFORE he gets back on track--he has friends here. He just won't be on the BOD anymore.

I wish that lessened responsibility would make his life easier, but I don't see it having any real impact on all the :poop: he's got going on in his life.

And it wasn't just me putting in effort, it was Stephan and Geoff too... we all worked to get this resolved as smoothly as we could.

nice work guys. John definitely still has friends here, hope he knows that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back