• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Not to be a downer...

jmeti000

NAXJA Forum User
But I had to put down my dog today. She got excited about going for a ride, did a hell mary off my landing, and broke her leg. Ran her into the vets and come to find out she had bone cancer (which is incidentally why the bone broke). They gave me 4 options...1 I could put her in surgery and have the bone pinned, but though the healing the cancer would spread to her lungs and they gave her 4-6 months...2 fix her leg and put her in kemo, causing her much pain and unneccesary suffering, 3 amputate the leg and hope the other one didnt have cancer along with her being able to support herself on 3 legs (she could stand on 3, but because of her size the couldnt get up from sitting or lying positions)...and the 4th...put her to sleep. We opted for the humane choice and put her to sleep. At 10 years young she took her last breath today at 3:52pm today...may she forever sleep well. :bawl:

IMAG00040.jpg

DSCF00111.jpg

jes20.jpg

Always a tough choice. I had to put my almost 10 year old beagle down due to kidney failure. Will be 4 years this June and he has never left my mind.

I remember when I put my rot down, hardest thing of my life :/

That's a tough pill to swallow.

Had to do it with two of my Dobermans.

My first dog had to be put down for hip dysplasia. Her back legs quit working. Had her for 12 yrs.

We had to have our rottweiler put down for hip dysplasia, I was there the day she was born.
Also had to have my cat put down a few years back, he lived to be 19 I could hardly remember a time before he was around.

You did the right thing. Remember that.

Back