• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Noob shock question

bigdodgeram00

NAXJA Forum User
So I ordered 4 of the Rusty's Offroad RX300 shocks, I know Rusty's but it was all that was in my budget and trying to keep it to the JeepSpeed style. Anyways, I also ordered a set of JKS upper shock adapters. Was test fitting everything today and noticed the stainless steel line was hitting inside the wheel well when I went to mount them. Anyone have a pictures as to where I could mount them. They also hit when I go to mount them to the shock. Though Rusty's forgot to mention the brackets are not included with the shocks.

Also one more noob question, can I unscrew the stainless steel line to figure a new mounting spot for the reservoir or would I mess something up. Sorry for the noob question, first time dealing with these types of shocks and new to the whole JeepSpeed scene :helpme:

you cannot take the line off of the shock body, no. especially if they were shipped already charged with nitrogen. DO NOT remove that line unless the shock has been discharged.

as for your other questions, some pics of your problem would be helpful.

i woulda bought some 5150's for less and not had to deal with the problem..

can you clamp the resi lower on the body and maybe bring the line down more?

you cannot take the line off of the shock body, no. especially if they were shipped already charged with nitrogen. DO NOT remove that line unless the shock has been discharged.

as for your other questions, some pics of your problem would be helpful.

Yeah they came charged. My buddy who runs bilstein told me it was a bad idea. So that won't be happening.

I'll post a picture tomorrow with the problem. I am thinking I will be able to mount the reservior up by where the washer bottle is mounted. I've seen someone else do that with edelbrock shocks.

ive never heard of bilstein reffered to as a "bad idea" but alright, to each their own, good luck

Lol, no no not that, I was talking about disconnecting the line from the reservior. I'm now thinking that I should have went with Bilsteins in the first place. Kicking myself in the a$$ right now.

i hope you're saying your buddy runs bilstein shocks, not you have a buddy that runs bilstein... lol.

i wouldnt mind havin a buddy that ran bilstein... lol

Actually just figured it out. Couldn't sit still and watch offroad racing without thinking about it. My conclusion:

Run the line over the coil tower and mount the reservoir to the frame. I think there is another guy on here who did that just can't remember who it is. I remember seeing his build on here.

I had my procraps mounted with the hose wrapping around the upper coil bucket and mounted to the frame in front of the upper coil bucket. it lasted about 6 months and the tire wore through the hose.

exactly what i was trying to describe. if you aren't properly bump stopped you will destroy those hoses.

Oh, yeah totally understand that. I'm looking into getting some decent bump stops now actually. Seeing how this has now turned into my winter project, lol.

Back