• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Non-XJ: Mercedez Benz OM617 diesel engine, T-5 tranny, Koch bros adapter to mate them

AMCeagle

NAXJA Forum User
I'm in the San Diego area, 92154.

If anyone here wanted to do up a diesel conversion, here's a solid start.

OM617 Mercedes Benz turbo diesel from a 1983 300D, with power steering pump. Has ~160k on it.

Borg-Warner T5 from an '85 AMC Eagle with only 88k on the tranny. The NP129 transfer case (2hi or 4hi only) is still attached to it.

Koch Brothers adapter kit # A-MB207 from mercedesdiesel4x4.com (http://www.mercedesdiesel4x4.com/product_p/a-mb207.htm).

Will come with a new stock clutch slave cylinder and fork, and resurfaced fly wheel.

$800.

Story time:
I got a Comanche with a "bad engine" thinking I would convert it, and do up a 4wd conversion at the same time. Engine turned out to have a bad spark plug and temp sensor. With a perfectly running engine, I put the conversion on hold. Life plans have changed, and I just won't have the time to do any wheeling. No sense in doing up the build.

If anyone is crazy, I'd be down to sell the Comanche (FS on this forum), this diesel/tranny/adapter, and the HP D30 (FS on this forum) for $2200.

I would trade all of this for an early 80s VW diesel of any sort.

Back