• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

no more bushwackers

Very nice jeepme, your build continues to impress...

And look at that, your XJ is already the model Jeep being used on Hooligan's website!

Thanks!! Ya I sent them some pics last week. Sweet :woohoo:

Hey Great white,

what thickness are you using to skin the doors and rear quarters? .120, .250, ?

looks good, a little goofy, but itll look alot better once its all finished and painted.

3/16" Plate, Flares are .120 box tube. . rears have 3/16" back plate and a plate that ties and boxes the 1/4 to the uni-body frame under the cut and fold . I am also adding a couple cross braces to inside the 1/4 cavity to prevent caveing in on a very hard hit. . . I know what you mean this is an either Love it or Hate it deal ... I can say it looks better in my opinion than the plastic flares and badly dented lower doors . My old flares were cracking and ripping from there mounts . The flares were flopping around after my last two trail outings..

20121014_182857.jpg.html

20121014_210008.jpg.html
/Greatwhitejeep/20121014_210047.jpg.html?o=0[/IMG]

20121014_210104.jpg.html

20121014_205858.jpg.html

20121015_164614.jpg.html

Ran out of time , Passenger side in primer. Still need to lay some fat stitch.welds on the flares and box the ends , weld the 3/16" plate the bottom of rear 1/4 to box and tie to unibody frame. need to drill and bolt front door armor to impact beam. need to fab something to finsh off the lower rear of fender,original sheetmetal was tweeaked badly and floping so i just cut it out. A little triming of the wheel well than a few coats of Graphite wheel coating and this side is done.
s

Why wont my pictures appear in posts? Tried everyand thing folks said to do and nothing. What am I doing wrong?

I know this is an old thread but what front bumper are you running? I was looking at what metal fenders to go with at some point and saw your bumper and I cant say that I have seen it before.

Its an AJ's offroad winch bumper

Back