• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

No injector pulse no start

I do have continuity between terminal 87 and both C11 and D10 after checking again. My jumper wire I was extending my multimeter wires with had a blown fuze earlier.
I did find something interesting though.

There was an orange wire coming off the starter relay that was broken and looked like it had been re-soldered once before. I soldered it back together (again), but the wire goes into a black rubber bulge and exits as a red wire. I got no voltage thru the black bulge thing (I'm thinking its a resistor or something under the bulge) once it was re-soldered. Anyone know what it is?

I checked voltage on the green wire before it went into a different black bulge and after the bulge and it was 12v before and only ~6v after it which is why I was thinking its a resistor.

Last edited:
that should be a fusible link. and that is most likely the problem the orange wire is the feed for the injectors and fuel pump.

its a 20 Gauge fusible link wire and you can cut it back after the black lump. it shows to cut the black lump out in the fsm when replacing the links.

the black lump might be the changeover from fusible link to standard wire.

So as long as I have no short on the output side to ground I should be able to replace it with an actual fuze and fuze socket and not worry about this fuzable link in the future. Hopefully this is the only easter egg I have and there aren't others hiding...

fusible links are a bit different from fuses. i would recommend replacing it with a fusible link. fusible links protect the wiring but if you want to use a fuse. i would go with 10 or less maybe try a 7 amp.

It lives again! I checked to make sure the wire wasn't shorting to ground and re-attached the fuzable link I got from O'Reilly's and it finally started up again. I even swapped back in my original ECU and it still ran great. Thanks all for the help in getting this going again.
I did run into another small problem I'll look at tomorrow, which is my turn signals and hazard lights don't flash anymore. I haven't checked anything yet (fuzes or flasher relay) but could swapping in a non tilt steering column from a HO cherokee in place of my original tilt column (renix) have caused this?

Sent from my KFOT using Tapatalk

Back