• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New guy introduction/lookin for parts

if your looking for a cheap lift, i have alot of suspension goodies that i'm willing to part with hella cheap. but you'll get about 4" of lift maybe more, or using my knowledge of JY crap we can scavenge you a lift at the junk yard for about the same price

I'm trying to track down a set of 15x7 rims with 4 to 4.5in of BS without having to pay too much.

-Eric

Just a thought here..You say you are going to lift it and want 31x10.5x15 tires. A BS of 3.75 would be better in my book. It will keep you away from the control arms better at full lock(turn). I had 30's on the stock rims(4.25 BS I think the stock was or something close to that)when I first got my rig and they rubbed. And I would get 15x8 not 15x7 rims as a 31 tire will fit fine and allow you to easily upgrade later if you so choose. An aftermarket steely in 15x8 with 3.75 BS can be had really cheap. I picked mine up for 32.00 each but that was a few years ago so they probably went up a bit since then. This is what "I" did and what works for me, others may disagree but this is what works for me..

P.S.- rim width and BS are an ongoing argument just as old as the Chevy vs. ford argument. Ask 200 people and you will get 200 different answers. Just fair warning...

Thanks for the info. Right now my Jeep is on 235/75R15 Goodyear Wranglers, which due to the suspension being sagged is rubbing on tight turns. The thought process I was rolling with was if I got rims in 15x7 with some back spacing to get them out a bit, I wouldn't have to worry about paying for tires right now, just upgrade later when its time to replace the tires. 15x8 would be pretty sweet, just means I'd have to get tires now. As far as how much backspacing, I'm at the mercy of whatever I can find/afford, lol. And yes, it's the chevy vs ford argument all over again, lol. At least we can all agree that Jeeps rock though. I'm hoping to hit up some junkyards soon and maybe that'll turn something up. Once again, thanks for the food for thought.

-Eric

Yeah, so have I, but I somehow passed right by them. The places I went were the Pick'n'Pull in Dallas, and the one in Ft. Worth. The FTW one only had one XJ and one MJ there, and a few rows of misc Mopar. They had ALOT of Suburbans, Tahoes, and other GM stuff. It wasn't a bad yard, just didn't have what I was looking for and was a tad bit on the small side. The Dallas yard had about a dozen XJs that were in various stages of striped, and rows upon rows of Mopar vehicles. The Dallas yard probably had the biggest selection, was cheaper to get in, and probably cost less. Downside, location (Don't leave anything you value in the vehicle, including pens and loose change). Where is Ellis at? My buddy should be back from the 'stan next week, and was wanting to go to the junk yards for parts for his 3/4 suburban. Wondering if we should try out that place first before heading to the metroplex.

-Eric

Yeah, so have I, but I somehow passed right by them. The places I went were the Pick'n'Pull in Dallas, and the one in Ft. Worth. The FTW one only had one XJ and one MJ there, and a few rows of misc Mopar. They had ALOT of Suburbans, Tahoes, and other GM stuff. It wasn't a bad yard, just didn't have what I was looking for and was a tad bit on the small side. The Dallas yard had about a dozen XJs that were in various stages of striped, and rows upon rows of Mopar vehicles. The Dallas yard probably had the biggest selection, was cheaper to get in, and probably cost less. Downside, location (Don't leave anything you value in the vehicle, including pens and loose change). Where is Ellis at? My buddy should be back from the 'stan next week, and was wanting to go to the junk yards for parts for his 3/4 suburban. Wondering if we should try out that place first before heading to the metroplex.

-Eric

down 82 a bit, almost to Texoma jeeps

Welcome to NAXJA. Love new faces in the RRC. I just wish we'd get a few up here in OKlahoma, LOL

were close enough lol

XJ Eric - Yeah, you're not that far at all really. I mean, anything within a 2 hour drive is usually ok with me.

Swamprat - I may have to check that place out, for some reason I don't think I've noticed it off 82.

-Eric

By the Pick N Pull in Haltom City, there is a Chrysler Heaven down the street. That Pick N Pull and the one in Dallas usually has a steady stream of XJs going in and out. Chrysler heaven rarely has XJs, but they do end up with some KJs (good for rear disk brakes) and TJs.

From what I have heard, Awesome Auto Salvage (3913 E. Jefferson, Grand Prairie) supposedly has a good selection of stuff. I've been there once and wasn't too impressed XJ wise, but they do have A LOT of other stuff.

but yea i ment 56

420.gif

137snicker.gif

Back