• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

NEW drive shaft not concentric? video

abond1333

NAXJA Forum User
Ok, bear with me, i normorally dont post questions cause i can normally find my answer by searching. Here gos

2001 jeep xj 4.0 aw4 c8.25 6inch lift RRsye 33x10.5 tires pinion angle is perfect brand new made to fit driveshaft that has some runout to it. i get vibes under acceleration from 30mph and up it chills out around 55mph but is still there.to me it looks like the yoke at the transfer case is good. looks like the double cardon unit is good. its the tube right after the double cardon joint. it wobbles and further down the shaft as you get close to the diff not so much. what do you guys think? is this to much runout. .050 at the double cardon on the large tube, the transfer case yoke is around .005 the other end of the large tube is around .030. i will try and upload a video. well cant figure out how to upload video so while i work on that i will go ahead and post anyways. what to do? im sure i will get burned posting this in the wrong section or posting the same question that has been asked 1,000 times,i apologize in advance. and thanks in advance.

Back