• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Net 10 Wireless

I use straighttalk android. 45$ per month unlimited text and call. Works for me although I am not a big app user. I mainly just use GPS, voice search, and email.

I've used Net10 for a few years without problems.
Now I have unlimited everything for $45- mo., but I'm not a big data user, so I don't know if it gets throttled.
Not all that fast, but it does what I need using a cheep Android phone.

Wife's current / older plan (Net10) is 400 minutes / month for $15- that rolls over if automatically billed. Last I checked, she had 1400+ minutes available. Current plans aren't nearly as generous.

I've been thinking about trying Ting.com when my contract expires. Apparently they have deals to use Sprint and Verizon networks.

I've been thinking about trying Ting.com when my contract expires. Apparently they have deals to use Sprint and Verizon networks.

so does Republic wireless. a buddy of mine just started trying it with a new moto x and loves it. he lives about 200 miles away, but i'm gonna keep an eye on his experience w it.

The 'big' carriers have much 'bigger' networks.... and coverage is everything.

Most of the prepaid/pay as you go companies use the "bigger" carrier's networks.
Some use multiple.

Some that I know.
Boost uses Sprint
Virgin uses Verizon
MetroPCS uses ATT
Straight Talk uses both T-mo and ATT
Solavei uses T-mo
etc.
I would consider switching to straight talk, or T-mo prepaid 30$ plan but I have been with them for many years, and have a nice grandfathered plan. And, if I ever want a new phone, I can make payments on it.

Re: Re: Net 10 Wireless

I would consider switching to straight talk, or T-mo prepaid 30$ plan but I have been with them for many years, and have a nice grandfathered plan. And, if I ever want a new phone, I can make payments on it.

With Verizon my "grandfathered plan" is no more if any phone on my account changes anything.

With Verizon my "grandfathered plan" is no more if any phone on my account changes anything.

There's tricks to that, just use an upgrade off of another plan. I upgraded last fall using an upgrade on my grandmas line on my parents plan. Then activated it by phone on my plan.

If you actually READ my post. I was talking about T-mo, not Verizon. I will never be on a Verizon plan ever again. GSM > CDMA . Yes, I know LTE is GSM based, but their main network still is not! And THeir BS locked down POS phones/bootloaders etc. No Thank you!
There's tricks to that, just use an upgrade off of another plan. I upgraded last fall using an upgrade on my grandmas line on my parents plan. Then activated it by phone on my plan.

What XJLI said.

My Mom went to replace her phone because it completely took a crap and they said it would lose the unlimited data on all the phones on our plan

If you actually READ my post. I was talking about T-mo, not Verizon. I will never be on a Verizon plan ever again. GSM > CDMA . Yes, I know LTE is GSM based, but their main network still is not! And THeir BS locked down POS phones/bootloaders etc. No Thank you!
If you actually READ mine I never said you went with Verizon. I was just making a comparison.

If you actually READ mine I never said you went with Verizon. I was just making a comparison.

I understand meow, that sucks. One of the many reasons I will not give them my business.

Most of the prepaid/pay as you go companies use the "bigger" carrier's networks.
Some use multiple.

Some that I know.
Boost uses Sprint
Virgin uses Verizon
MetroPCS uses ATT
Straight Talk uses both T-mo and ATT
Solavei uses T-mo
etc.

All of this depends on where you are at...

Here in the sticks Virgin uses T-Mobile... and T-Mobile doesn't work more than 10 miles from the interstate. Straight Talk uses Verizon and AT&T.

Net 10 is a wholly owned subsidiary of Tracfone and Tele-Movil. So are Trac Fone and Straight Talk.

Sean.. if you are looking at the phones, model numbers ending with C are Verizon phones, ones with G are At&T phones.

We transferred our Verizon numbers to Straight Talk a couple years ago and for our usage, it was a terrific idea. But we are not huge data users, so 3g speeds are fine with us.

Back