• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

need to find ax15 support mount asap

ljobbins

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
Finishing up a ba10 to ax15 swap and I just found out that the ax15 has a funky support bracket/mount thing that I can not find anywhere online. Anyone know if there is a company that sells them or a junkyard that has one or anyone or anywhere I can get one? Im in oceanside and I know the popular junkyard here does not have any manual xj's in the yard. Thanks

Are you talking about the trans mount? IF so, the factory crossmenber for auto or standard will work, with the right mount.

I would suggest contacting Stinky Fab, one of the sponsors here.He makes a very good aftermarket mount for the AX-15, which will bolt to a stock crossmember.

David Bricker / SYR

No between the normal rectangular mount and the tranny there is a weird shaped adapter support bracket thing that takes the two top bolts from the mount and the 4 bolts on the tranny. The peugot had a one piece mount so I never knew I needed this thing.

You are right. You do need that piece.

I looked under my Jeep to see what you are talking about. I see. I checked my spare tranny, and nope, it doesn't have one on it.

Best I can offer is a couple of pictures that have more to do with the exhaust hanger that is on that bracket than the bracket itself, but at least this should give folks a sense of what you are looking for. It relocates the mounting location upwards and to the back of the vehicle.

ExhaustHgrReDo7OPT.jpg

And...

ExhaustHgrReDo12OPT.jpg

Best of luck finding one.

just found one a few hours ago at a junk yard. thanks for the offer. really hard to find that part. I wonder why no one manufactures them anymore.

Back