• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Need to Borrow a trailer

Jays siik xj

NAXJA Forum User
So, I got the opportunity to pick up a pretty built CJ7 But I gotta drive a ways to get it... UHaul is gonna charge me up the wazoo because with the time that im leaving makes me have to pay for 3 days of Rental... If anyone could loan me a flat bed trailer for a day I could compensate them with cash and beer. I need it for Thursday night-Friday night (as Im leaving at 3:30am Friday Morning) I can also leave my XJ as collateral.

Thanks in advance.
Jay

Reese tow bar and magnetic lights can be had for about $100.00. Assuming it's a roller. You'll probably need them in the long run anyway. Might take an hour to install brackets.

Almost went to Sac-town for a CJ last year with this plan. But then found a good deal on a YJ.

You're welcome to mine, but you have to drive down to OC to pick it up and drop it off. Must demonstrate tow rig capable of towing it setup for trailer brakes.

Cant flat tow or tow dolly. I think the tires are pretty beat. Its my uncles Jeep. Hes moving and told me to go get it or its gonna be left behind so the price of it is what im gonna pay for gas pretty much.

Cal i'll keep you in mind.

Try a local tool/equipment rental place then, they might be more flexible on partial day rates. Rental costs will be cheap insurance/peace of mind should anything go wrong.

ok I am a bit confused.. You can afford a " pretty built CJ7" but not the 100-200$ in a trailer rental? :confused1

ok I am a bit confused.. You can afford a " pretty built CJ7" but not the 100-200$ in a trailer rental? :confused1

he didn't say that at all, he said he's got the opportunity to pick one up :D the post 3 above yours says it's his uncle's and he's giving it to him. ;)

he didn't say that at all, he said he's got the opportunity to pick one up :D the post 3 above yours says it's his uncle's and he's giving it to him. ;)

Yeah but giving you a CJ7 is just as expensive as buying one :jester:

I would offer a trailer, but it went with the XJ...

Yeah, I found a place locally that charges 70 a day... This is slowly becoming not worth my time And money. LoL.

Where is it located?

Should someone else go get it if it is just going to be left behind?

I would wonder what shape its really in if someone's willing to just leave it behind, and someone else thinks $70 may be more than its worth to retrieve it.

Its in good shape except for tires and brakes. But its far from 70 dollars To pick it up... fuel for 500 miles each way plus food. Not exactly Prius gas milage towing an empty trailer one way and a loaded trailer the way back. He's leaving it behind because he doesn't have the time to sell it and won't have time/space to work on it or wheel it where he's rellocating to. Plus the Jeep has been in the family since 84 its a 2 owner rig that was owned only by my father before my uncle so even if it were rotting I would go get it.

I'll go get it if all it needs is tires and brakes.

FYI: I know of a guy who lent out a flat bed trailer for nearly the same purpose (A buddy was picking up a car). The trailer got hit while PARKED, causing injury. The trailer OWNER was on the hook and his insurance paid the policy limits.

Im headed to AZ in a couple days, I could drag it home if its that direction, cost of fuel straight up.

Back