• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

naxja.org won't work on home computer

fatwreck

NAXJA Forum User
I have no idea what the hell the problem is, but it's super frustrating. It's the only site that I can't get to at all. It doesn't matter if I click on a specific link from an email reminder or just type the main page in.....it just won't work.

I'm running a zone alarm firewall and I've marked it as a safe site there....and as a trusted site through IE.

Do you guys have any suggestions? Please? :cry:

This is the page I get whenever I try:

The page cannot be displayed
The page you are looking for is currently unavailable. The Web site might be experiencing technical difficulties, or you may need to adjust your browser settings.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please try the following:

Click the Refresh button, or try again later.

If you typed the page address in the Address bar, make sure that it is spelled correctly.

To check your connection settings, click the Tools menu, and then click Internet Options. On the Connections tab, click Settings. The settings should match those provided by your local area network (LAN) administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).
See if your Internet connection settings are being detected. You can set Microsoft Windows to examine your network and automatically discover network connection settings (if your network administrator has enabled this setting).
Click the Tools menu, and then click Internet Options.
On the Connections tab, click LAN Settings.
Select Automatically detect settings, and then click OK.
Some sites require 128-bit connection security. Click the Help menu and then click About Internet Explorer to determine what strength security you have installed.
If you are trying to reach a secure site, make sure your Security settings can support it. Click the Tools menu, and then click Internet Options. On the Advanced tab, scroll to the Security section and check settings for SSL 2.0, SSL 3.0, TLS 1.0, PCT 1.0.
Click the Back button to try another link.

Cannot find server or DNS Error
Internet Explorer

First thing that comes to mind is some sort of virus, maybe trojan horse. Just fixed my uncle's computer who was having similar problems. Had a ton of spyware, and trojan horse virus's. You need some spyware killer, and a good virus scanner! Just my two pennies though. Hope this helps ya....

bshaw said:
First thing that comes to mind is some sort of virus, maybe trojan horse. Just fixed my uncle's computer who was having similar problems. Had a ton of spyware, and trojan horse virus's. You need some spyware killer, and a good virus scanner! Just my two pennies though. Hope this helps ya....

I'm running Norton system works 2003.....I guess I can scan the system again though.....cause that sounds like it could be a virus.

This is the ONLY site that I can't get to. It's pretty dumb.

More suggestions would be appreciated.

My ISP's DNS servers suck, and hates NAXJA. You may want to try to manually adding naxja to your host file on your box. This will bypass the DNS servers, but you'll need to change it if the site changes IPs

-Scott

sintax said:
You may want to try to manually adding naxja to your host file on your box.

-Scott

Ok, so how do I do that? :huh:

I know I can find the host file, but I don't know how to add naxja to it. Are you saying that I should add the 68.125.168.12 number or whatever the heck it is and make that = naxja.org?

And how do I find that number if that's what I need to do?

I scanned my computer and it's virus/trojan horse free.

Thanks,
Brian

Back