• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Narrower than stock fan clutch?

So I found out the hard way that getting my fan and clutch off the motor with a 3 core radiator is damn near impossible. I don't have room to move the radiator so im currious if there is a thinner clutch that would work?

Tia
Bryson

Did you pull the fan shroud with the fan as a single unit?

I have a 3 row radiator and I have to pull the whole shebang(Fan, Clutch, Shroud) together to clear the radiator.

the earlier AMC fans are thinner than the later Chrysler ones. Try looking up fans for an 87. A lot of parts houses will interchange to a later one, so look at pictures if you can.

32124260323_large.jpg

You may already know this... but when I had my 3-row radiator I had to detach the upper support and rock the radiator back a bit to gain access. This was about the only way to get the clutch and fan out.

I now have a 2-core aluminum radiator and the clearance is still pretty tight so I have to do the same thing to get access. I also clearanced my plastic fan shroud just a bit to make it easier to slip the shroud back in place after re-attaching the fan and clutch to the engine.

Back