• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

My project "Re-enlistment/Zombie Response Team, ZRT-1 Mobile Command.

Don't zip tie the bottom and they will empty themselves

Its getting close!! The front is pretty much done except for running new steel brake lines and a couple little thing. We had a hell of a time dealing with rusted bolts even after 2 cans of PB Blaster over a 2 week period. Pa rust is brutal. Lol if all goes well the rear will be done tonight and its off the get aligned tomorrow.

For some reason its not letting me load the pic. Will try later.

Last edited:
numana7e.jpg

Well the rear is even worse then the front with all 4 bolts rusted tight to the sleeves. We go the rear 2 out and sent almost 2 hours on one of the front leaf bolt and didn't get far before we got frustrated and called it quits. We will get back on it Monday evening since we all habe busy weekends with family stuff. More to come next week.

Last edited:
I forgot what short arms look like. lol

and the rust does suck. I got lucky that I was stupid and had someone else install my first lift. so they had to deal with the 9 or so years of rust. when I did the second one I only had to deal with about a year and a half's worth.

Yea it sucks BAD!! But we greasing and anti-seizing the hell out of everything so when I do the long arms next winter it should be a breeze. Lol I guess 13 years of winters in Pa where they use nasty shit on the roads I'm luck it only has rusted bolts and light surface rust.

On a side note, what in the hell would cause a bunch of surface rust spots on the roof? There's nothing else like it anywhere, just the roof?

not sure but if i was to guess Id say it might have to do with the sun beating the hell out of the paint. but I thought that was more an issue with older types of paint, with the early XJs.

I'd have to guess some sort of mechanical damage to the paint - hail? gravel?

The lift is on and it's at the alignment shop!!!!! There Are some issues I noticed that need to be addresses but nothing major. Here's the finished product so far!!

5ahenupy.jpg

Back