• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

My new toys, compliments of my cool GF

Lake919

NAXJA Forum User
So I went to help my future mother in law with some home improvement projects today and when I got home I found some cool HF swag in the living room waiting on me. My GF bought me a 3 ton Jack, a 90 amp Flux wire welder and some moving blankets to cushion our driveway while I am wrenching under the jeep. I am excited to play with my new toys. Will the Welder be ok to weld on frame stiffeners?

the HF machine can be made to work well.

buy legit wire.
when the wire feed starts to suck, about wire roll 5, it's beacuse it's plastic and contaminated.
Go buy the generic Hobart liner, it's simple modifications to make it work. Made my HF welder work better than it ever had before.

I have that same helmet and jack. They have worked great for about 5 years now in my shop at home. The head band is starting to crack in a few places but still works. My buddy has the welder, He can't make it weld but I can. I welded some 1/8th with it just fine. but don't know if I'd try tackling frame stiffeners with is.

Nice gf wish my old lady would see this. May have to leave the computer open on this post. I was just looking at one the same day at the local HF. X3 on the lincon wire but HF wire is plenty good for practice.

Back