• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

My first non XJ Jeep.

Scatterbrained

NAXJA Forum User
Had to write something up about my first non XJ. I have a friend that got himself in some trouble. Needless to say, he will be away for a while. I didn't know anything about his dealings. It was nice of him to keep them to himself. Anyhow, this friend decided that I gave the most attention to his lovely YJ on steroids. When he was stuck on the side of the road and out of gas, I would be the only one who came to haul him home. When he needed help getting it to run properly, I was there to help. When he wanted a front bumper built, I taught him how to weld. I guess he felt that giving it to me was the best decision he could make. He knows I will take care of it, and he knows that I will be able to fix it when it breaks.

The steroid induced machine sports a Chevy 350 V8 and a TH350 transmission with an np205 transfer case. It has an Edelbrock intake, carb, and cam. Steel crank, dished pistons, forged rods, and countless internal goodies. It has a set of 1/2 ton dana 44 and 12 bolt axles from an early K5 blazer, nice wheels, and 40 inch Super Swamper tires. Its a hard top for now. It runs great and has a wild sounding lope from the dual exhaust.

This semi wild monster gives me hope for my XJ on steroids project. I hope to be able to use it as a template for how to get my little jeep up there.

I will post some pics this weekend. I hope to get a chance to try it out on the trail soon.

Well sorry for him to be "away" for said amount of time but maybe and just hopefully the extended vacation he is getting might turn him around to want to come back and do right in life. As for you and your newly obtained jeep right on and I can't wait to see some pics of it. I have a place in my heart for a 350 lol

CJ

So when are we goin to walker?

Also picts or it didn't happen.

Nice let's go 4 wheeling

Cant go this weekend. I am bearings deep in the XJ V8 swap. I just found a major crack on the donor truck bell housing. Looks like I am going to have to go with a newer automatic. 700R4 with a NP241 sounds about right.

Still waiting to see pics of the new rig here, whats up with that going to start thinking you don't have it pretty soon here lol

Photo04072011.jpg

Looks like a decent foundation. A winch and some rock sliders / tree pivot points would be the first things on my list if I'd inherited that rig.

I have the winch, Warn 8274 upright. I am getting some 1/4 inch tread plate press braked to the proper angles to bolt onto the sides as rocker protection. Due to the body lift I will be welding 3/16 wall 4x6 to the bottom of the tread plate to make a kind of step and stand off for the bottom of the tread plate rocker guards. I plan on ordering some rear quarter protection also.

Axles will be a project at a later date. Right now I plan on using it as a mall crawler until my XJ is road worthy again. V8 swap in progress. Will post pics of that on the sbc swap thread.

Got some rocker guards and rock sliders on it now. I am working on interior and engine bay pictures for you Big Dog. Will post as soon as I have time. I am rebuilding the 350 for the little jeep and it has me busy running back and forth to the parts shop lately. Its very ugly under the hood. Lots of half-arse wiring.

Back