• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Motive ring and pinion any good?

Well, here is the other thing. I also ordered ujoints from Rusty as a separate order than the gears/instal kits. When I called yesterday I also asked Rusty about the ujoints since it had been over a week since I ordered and UPS tracking only had a record of a shipping label having been printed. I assumed that the shipping label had been printed at Rusty's. Anyway Rusty told me that he expected the ujoints would arrive at his place that day and that they would be then shipping to me. Around mid-day today I called and was told that they had not come in yet so I instructed the woman I was speaking with to cancel my order and refund my paypal acct. I asked for a cancelation number and was told she would send me one via email. About 4:45 I called asking why I had not received my cancellation number and was told the ujoints had been shipped from Crown directly to me rather than through Rusty's. I did not think to ask whether they were sending me Crown parts or Spicer (as I had ordered), but that will be a question for tomorrow.

This is way more freakin' drama than I anticipated.

Tom Rich

But u saved like a buck fidy...

RWKhaus I was wondering what your shop charges to regear d44 d30 4.56 ..how much extra for chromoly axles in dana30..
Im up here in Hesperia...

Update

This morning I called Rusty's to get the tracking number of the shipment of ujoints that I had been told was coming directly to me from Crown. Yesterday I had been told this number would in all likelihood be available this morning. I was told Crown had not informed them (Rusty's) of this information. Under the circumstance one might think that Rusty's Offroad might take a more proactive approach to resolving this situation, but then again I don't run Rusty's. At any rate, I was then told I would probably be receiving my package today. As of now, 6:08 PM Central, I have not received the ujoints.

Tom Rich

used motive in my front and rear, no probs of any kind....

Well, after doing more research as well as looking through the other posts on this thread, I've decided to place my bets with a set of Motive 4.10's. I'll be ordering a set from Rusty's within the next few days and I'll post an update later on down the line once I've installed them. Thanks!

So I've installed the Motive gears that I purchased from Rusty's without complaint. The set came with TWO Motive master install kits, ONE Motive R&P (dana 30), and the other R&P was unmarked, but looked to be of great quality (double lapped). Anyways, the install went well and the gears produced excellent patterns. They are pretty quiet for the most part as I only get the SLIGHTEST hint of whine. My 2000 Grand Cherokee stock gears run louder. I would recommend

Back