• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

more oba q's

cherowagon

NAXJA Forum User
ok, i have the factory s4 sanden compressor with the four bolts on top of it.

i want to use another sanden as my oba compressor, but it has v-drive pulleys.

now, i know i can use brackets and adjusters from a volvo that came with the sanden to mount, but i will have to make a small bracket to mount to the top of my fac ac unit because the four bolts are on top.

now then. my question is about the setup and yes i searched.

i will need one of these pulleys to adapt v-drive to serpentine.

http://www.kilbyenterprises.com/pulleys.htm

but i know i will not have enough room to mount the compressor next to the other w/o the battery getting in the way. i have read that you guys have moved the battery to the airbox location and just used a conical air filter. but where do you place the air filter? does anyone have a pic of the entire engine bay with this set up? i have only found close ups of the actual mounting of the compressors side by side. how have you guys changed your batteries and air intakes?

It's also possible to move the battery into a box behind the backseat (in the cargo area) or in the space behind a front seat - and get the thing out of the way entirely. I can help you with setting up cables for that, if you'd like to get the thing out of the way.

I plan on moving the battery myself - once I've decided where to put the damn things. I also plan to add one or two deep cycle batteries, with a solenoid "isolator" to separate the circuits (one per battery - so if I lose a battery, it won't kill off the other one.)

5-90

Back