• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

MJ for sale, Lots of photos: BEWARE

muddshutter

NAXJA Forum User
Jeep Comanche 87/97
coman2.jpg

I searched two years for this Truck. Two older gentlemen owned it and it was treated like a creampuff. He was very strict about upkeep and maintenance. He said he may have used 4wd two or three times in its life. It had been in Lower California and Nevada, it whole life. Since I purchased it, it has sat in a heated garage and it has taken me a solid year to get it to this point. I have driven it to and from appointments for alignments, oil changes, etc. It has not been off-road yet, but it has been flex tested. A Carfax report for this truck can be emailed to you, if you would like?

Virginia Inspection
DSCF0784a.jpg

Less than 350 miles on everything
Since everything is new or has been replaced

Truck was originally purchased for $2000
Was featured on a popular website before purchasing.

http://www.4x4wire.com/jeep/projects/comanche/

Then came the transformation:

Short bed, bed liner, interior has truck bed coating under the carpet, TJ removable floor plugs, new headliner - grey, new sun visors - grey, front skid as well.

7.5 inches of lift overall

4.6 Liter Titan Stroker Engine $1950
24 LB Bosch/Ford injectors & Champion plugs
Flowkooler water pump $100
3 core radiator CSF $200
Twin electric fans 5k total air flow $200
Poly Tranny mount $45
Rusty’s air intake
K&N cone filter
Firepower ignition system $175
All new sensors, hoses, belts, plugs, etc $600
Replaced all fuses
New valve cover and oil pan, upgraded oil filter, 710 cap
Centerforce clutch $299
New flywheel
M.O.R.E. bombproof rubber engine mounts $130
M.O.R.E. bombproof Block Brackets $240
AC lines removed
new steering wheel

Ax-15 external slave, Rebuilt Professionally and
Shifts smooth with new shifter knob $600
New Starter $35
New alternator $75
New cap and rotor
NP 231 completely rebuilt with SYE & Novak conversion $400
Tom Woods Front & Rear driveshafts $400
Pacesetter exhaust header $200
Flowmaster custom made exhaust with New Cat $250

5 - 35” x 12.50 x 15 BFG Mud Terrain tires $900
5 – Pro Comp Black steel rims with chrome centers $175
Rock Rats black lugs $20
DSCF0690a.jpg

97 XJ front grille, fenders, Silver Star lights, and mirrors $400
ARB bull bar front bumper with aluminum fairlead
Mile Marker 8000 pound Winch $400
Synthetic line 3/8” x 100’
coman1.jpg

DSCF0700a.jpg

Custom made rear bumper with 2" receiver mount

New glass: $300
The windshield is brand new with a light factory tint, New regulators on both door windows, new rear glass with slider and lock also with a light factory tint, new rear view mirror

Dana LP 44 rear axle: $2000
ARB air locker, professionally installed with Alloy USA 4:88 gears & 30 spline USA Alloy shafts, new bearings and seals. All outer axle connections have been welded. Tera-flex rear disc brake conversion, new brake pads and rotors with braided brake line and proportioning valve.

Dana HP 30 Front Axle: $1500
ARB air locker, professionally installed with Alloy USA 4:88 gears & 30 spline USA Alloy shafts, new bearings and seals. All outer axle connections have been welded. New brake pads and rotors as well as braided brake lines.

JCR 1 ton steering upgrade, professionally installed. $400
JCR Stage 2 Rock Sliders (not installed yet) $250
TNT steering box reinforcement $150
TNT Customs Y link long arm system and Adjustable Trac Bar $1500

Uni-body frame stiffeners/frame skids $250
3 Rear frame stiffeners. These support the gas tank & E-brake, allowing the bed to be removed without taking the tank out first. $100

Inside the Cab:

The driver’s seat has two tears in it. I wish it did not because they are great seats.
Rare ALL BLACK option from the factory, something you do not see often.
Passenger seat looks great. Carpet is in great shape and looks new. A little wear near ac Pedal on drivers side, size of half-dollar.
The driver’s side mat is well work, but works, pass side mat is in better condition.
Carpet and interior was pulled out when I purchased it and cleaned. Then scuffed and a can and a half of bed liner were shot into it. I tried half a can of red first and it was too bright, so I shot a full can of black and made four layers. This provides great noise reduction and waterproofing. Carpet pad has been removed.
I relocated the E brake to the center, where it should be. I used parts from a donor 2 door and it looks great. Cables have been run but it needs to be adjusted for proper fit. Two bolts need to be tightened.
Driver’s side seat belt works but is a little sluggish when returning.
The stereo works great, but the antenna is not hooked up yet. I do not listen to the radio, so it never got done. The original speakers were removed from the door, as they did not work. One can always replace them if desired.
The odometer was reset before all the work was done. The tires, rims, new parts, engine, tranny, transfer case, etc are all-new and reflect the odometer. But I will not lie and say that there was not 205K on it when I purchased it. But it was always a creampuff. The guy used it everyday, driving it to work.

ACOS front spring adjustable spacers $200
6.5 inches lift front springs $110
JKS bar pin eliminator set for front shocks top & bottom $150
4 - 10” 5150 Bilstein shocks with remote resivour $400
Alcan rear leaf springs, custom made $400
Rock Krawler boomerang (installed backwards, oops) 1.5” - 2.5” $100
Gel cell battery
Free Motorola handheld CB new in the box with antenna
New wiper motor and all weather wipers $100
DSCF0682a.jpg

I am moving for a new job and I cannot take this with me. I want to, but I really cannot. The Jeep is almost done. The winch needs to be hooked up but is already in the bumper. The truck needs to be primed and painted. I have MANY extras that I will throw in, for free. Such as, a few boxes of extra parts, Labaron Hood vents(not installed), CB and antenna, older mirrors, replacement lights, etc. Since I am leaving, its all has to go. I have left out many little things that are brand new and certainly come along.
DSCF0733a.jpg

I have 12,500 newly put into it and totaling around 14 in all. I did not build it to sell, I really built it for me to use for the next ten years. But things change very fast sometimes. I'd like to fetch $9500 or best offer. Someone will get a SUPER deal and there is a bunch of extras that will come along as well.
DSCF0712a.jpg

DSCF0775a.jpg

DSCF0774a.jpg

DSCF0773a.jpg

I am missing one fender flare as i stepped on it by mistake. I will either order another for the new buyer or give a $100 credit.
DSCF0772a.jpg

DSCF0770a.jpg

DSCF0760a.jpg

More photos can be found here:

http://s104.photobucket.com/albums/m178/muddshutter/Jeep/

Lastly, to all those people that are not close enough to pick this great truck up, there is a DAS site that is close to me. I would be happy to drop it off there for shipping. Also, i have a gift certificate from DAS for $250 that i would be happy to donate to the buyer, if and only if, you want it shipped? Thanks for looking at this truck.

Last edited:
u know even for a manual...id learn to drive stick for this one!

good luck on selling it...id buy it if i didnt allready have two xj's settin out in the drive way!
hope this goes to someone who knows how to use it!

hackedxj said:
I'm the high bidder, nobody else bid, lol
You're being watched.

LOL

Yep.

I was hoping it would go much higher so I wouldn't have to cry about not buying it.

<boohoo />

WOW...

good deal...

almost similar to where mine is now :rolleyes: minus the frame stiffeners, new axles, long arms, and black interior (waaay cool.)

if i didn't have one already, i would have been all over this too...then again, i have atleast two of everything now, why not another MJ...

balllz....for cryin' out loud, the bumper and front and rear axles are worth more than that..

i wonder if it would have sold for considerably more (playing devil's advocate here...as this is what i always think about my stuff...) if it had a quick $400 Maacco paint job on it (i've seen some VERY impressive results from that place for the amount of $$ outlaid...

J

Back