• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

membership renewal controversy

zachandandy

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
I received a pm saying I won the compressor. I thought wow that is awesome. As we all know I am in the Sierra chapter. Turns out the Midwest chapter won the renewal total and I am ineligible for the prize. Not typically one to make waves, however after being told I finally won something, the "oh nevermind, our mistake" kind of sucks. At least offer a guy a free sweatshirt or something since you told him he won a $300 prize.

Something sounds off here. The compressor was never a prize for an individual. It is a prize for the chapter to give away at a raffle. Who sent you the PM? Was it someone on the BOD?

If I called you up and told you that you were the grand prize winner, realized my mistake, yes I would feel a consolation prize was in order? I guess my idea of integrity is off base though?

Back