• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Maybe someone here knows?

Jake97xj

NAXJA Forum User
I've had a 1995 f250 power stroke for about a year now. Bought the truck needing a Trans, and had one put it. After that Trans was put in, I picked the truck up and noticed that the rear brakes were locking up. I drove it home and parked it. Fixed the brakes then went to fill the tank. Realized that when the shift lever is in drive, it starts in third gear. Put it in second gear on the column it starts in second.. Put it in first on the column it starts in second gear. I have no over drive as well. I called the Trans guy and he said it was an electrical problem. I noticed the wires going to my shifter for the over drive off button were cut, so I ordered a new shifter and od off button, which set me back a hundred bucks, and after it was installed still didn't fix the problem. So I took it to another Transmission shop. They told me that it was not built correctly, and this another 1500 dollar Trans rebuild. They had the truck for 4 weeks and told me that they rebuilt it but there is still some type of electrical issue and to bring it back and they would take care of it. Long story short they put a new ecm in the truck and had me take it to ford to flash it. Still didn't fix the problem. Finally about 2 months ago, they told me that they were going to have to start "charging me " for the work. Even though I already paid them there 1556 for the rebuild. So it's been sitting in my driveway, and I want to get it fixed. Tried selling it but no one wants to buy it because of the Trans issue. So for all the money I have into it, I have decided to see it through and get it fixed, so I can tow my jeep to Attica and other wheeling spots.

If anyone is good with electrical or has ever heard of this happening please let me know where I should be starting. Also I have checked all fuses and relays, as well as fixed the bad spots in the harness going from the Trans to the plugs on the driver inner fender well

Thanks again and sorry for the long read

Back