• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Maintenance Log Book

iluv83vettes

NAXJA Forum User
Excel

Old School ,here,a small 3x5 notebook in the console. Log gas fill ups,oil changes and any additions of new parts/or services
Also keep separate record of non-stock parts and parts added from different years/or vehicles.......

I have iThingies. Would that work on a PC? I also like paper logs.

I'm migrating away from paper anything, cause I lose notes.

I do however keep track of my tablet. I'm going to have to find a desktop app because the new MJ is going to have a 12.1 inch windows 8 machine permanently mounted for all navigation/log/infotainment duties.

I ended up getting an app called "Car Minder". You can set whatever maintenance you want such as Diff fluid changes. It also can record all repairs or modifications you do. You can email the records to yourself or whoever I guess.

IMO the only benefit of a log book is so the next owner knows what I did to the rig.... I already know what I did, cause I did it. In 30 years of owning vehicles I have yet to RE-sell one, to anybody but a junkyard. And they don't need the info.

IMO the only benefit of a log book is so the next owner knows what I did to the rig.... I already know what I did, cause I did it. In 30 years of owning vehicles I have yet to RE-sell one, to anybody but a junkyard. And they don't need the info.

Thanks for the helpful post.

I'm happy you have a perfect memory. I can remember numbers and wiring diagrams from 15 years ago, I can't remember when I last changed oil, or what random years of other makes and models I made work in the brakes.

I just use a text document and keep it nice and simple. For any work on my vehicles I log the mileage, date, part numbers, price at the time of repair. Makes it very easy to go back and see exactly when was done and at what time line. I keep a bunch of random specs in the text document also, fluid types, odd torque specs that I know I will need again etc. Using just a simple text file I can print the whole thing easy, transfer to different computers or phone and have with me.

I just write my next oil change on the windsheild with a.paint pen.

The rest of it (diffs, mt fluid, coolant, brake.fluid) just goes by when I feel it needs it. If I cant remember the last time it.was done, then its probably needed

I.do however keep an electrical notebook that I.started when I did the body swap. Pinouts for anything custom, or modified from.stock to.fit the body change.

I pull the OEM maintaince log out of the glove compartment and write oil changes and maintanance there. I keep a separate "build blog" on my computer for upgrades.

-Ron

Google drive has an excel type cloud you can access and modify via cell App.

Back