• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

M116A3 Trailer Parts

dart70LA

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
Images and ad as posted on Craigslist in San Diego: Please contact me via e-mail from within the Craigslist ad if you are interested in anything.
http://sandiego.craigslist.org/esd/pts/3823191313.html

Parts from a military M116A3 trailer:
$100 Flatbed Trailer Body(does not include frame). Deck is 8 feet long by 6 feet wide. Removable fender extensions add 6" per side for a total width of 7 feet. 45" between the fender wells. This body is very heavy duty, with some fabwork it could be made into a stand-alone trailer, or used on a M116A(1/2/3) chassis as originally designed. My guess is it weighs 200-250 pounds.

$150 3000 pound High Clearance Trailer Axle with 12" Hydraulic Brakes 8 lug on 6.5" bolt circle, includes parking brake handles. 74" WMS, currently set up for 43.25 inch spacing on leaf spring, but could be moved outward for a wider frame. The weight rating on this axle is extremely conservative, as it is over designed in order to handle 3000 load(trailer and cargo) offroad.

$50 Hydraulic Brake / Lunette hitch assembly

$200 for 2 - 37x12.50x16.50 Goodyear tires on HMMWV(HUMVEE) runflat 8x6.5" bolt pattern beadlock wheels. These are the 12 bolt variety(number of bolts holding wheel together) One tire has excellent tread, but shows signs of age great for a spare tire to get out of trouble, the other is has little tread. Both wheels in good shape.

All prices OBO. Trades considered, I need Ammo(5.56, .223, 9mm) and 33x10.50x15" tires.

M101A1, M101A2, M101A3 trailer bodies ride on matching M116(1/2/3) trailer units. You can use the hydraulic brakes and axle assemblies to upgrade your M101A1 or M101A2, to M101A3 specs.

Did you get one of the ones recently auctioned? I was thinking of picking one up for my cross-country motorcycle trailer concept. (so I could put two bikes on the trailer).

Won the auction in February, Picked up in April, Registered in May.

Weighs ~1020 as configured like this trailer coming up for sale in Barstow .

I am stripping this down to the bare bones and building it up for an off-road utility trailer, with plans to eventually build an expedition style trailer. The original flat-bed weighs about 200-250 pounds. Each tire/wheel combo weighs 150. I am replacing the axle with a civilian 5x4.5" 3500 pounder with electric brakes. 33x10.50x15 will go on 15x7 wheels. And I will add either diamond plate aluminum or aluminum sheet for the bed and also to skin the sides that I build for it. I am hoping for <700 pounds empty. We shall see if that is even possible.

Nice.

I have an M416 and am going to build a flat bed deck or it for hauling my motorcycle. When those auctions came up in February I watched them but those trailers went for a bit more than I could spend (i.e. unless I got it for a ridiculously stupid deal the wife would be irritated that I brought yet another pile of crap home).

Back