• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Lowrange2 - "About Me" (A short story)

Lowrange2

NAXJA Forum User
About Me-

If you don’t know me (at least by my screen name) by now you don’t log onto NAXJA enough. Lol

My name is Andy “Lowrange2” Bagwell and I’m running for Vice President of this fine SE Chapter of NAXJA. I’m just a wee tot at the age of 28 years old. I’ve been married for 3 years now and I have 3 daughters (ages 12, 10 and 1.5). I’ve worked for Eaton Electrical Corp. as a Mechanical Drafter for almost 5 years. I spend most of my day sitting in front of a computer screen designing switchgear that power big fancy things like ATL International Airport and the Panama Canal (Very exciting stuff).
I’ve always loved working on anything with wheels. One of my first cars was a 67 VW Bug that I rebuilt from the ground up. Including rebuilding the engine in my bedroom floor at my parent’s house. I bought my first Jeep back in 2006. I’ve been hooked on XJs since then.

I joined NAXJA in 2006 shortly after buying my first XJ. The amount of knowledge I’ve acquired from this Club alone is amazing. I’ve attended a number of events including the recent 15th Birthday event and have met a bunch of great friends over the years. I talk to the guys that I’ve met through NAXJA far more than I do my local friends.
Throughout my time here I haven’t attended as many events as I’d like to but I have always made an effort to be as involved with the club as possible. I’ve never been in a position to be able to give my all. That’s why I’ve decided to run for VP. I want to be able to give back to the club what it’s been able to give to me. I believe that I’ll be fully capable of handling the duties of VP.

I really like what our past BOD has done for local publicity. I’d like to work to expand on that in order to raise land-use awareness. I see tons of XJ/MJ owners on the road, on the trail and even online who have absolutely no clue about NAXJA. I’d like to continue working on different publicity platforms. Unfortunately, Forums aren’t quite as popular as they once were. Recently, the national level of NAXJA has started branching out to Facebook for more publicity. I’d like to increase local awareness and possibly membership drive numbers in a similar way.

Anyhow, that’s my story and I’m sticking to it.

Thanks for reading my exciting short story. J

Go SEC! Woot.

Do you plan to attend the Crawl in 2015 and are you in support of keeping it in Harlan?

Thank you for being willing to serve.

I do plan to attend. Yes, I'm all for keeping the Crawl in Harlan.

I was never a believer in making the southern parts of the Chapter drive so far North for an event until I attended this year. Harlan is good wheelin.

Last edited:
:thumbup:

Back