• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

looking for a driveshaft shop in south jersey

Empty_Pockets

NAXJA Forum User
Looking to have my tom woods drive shaft rebuilt. The u-joints in the double cardan joint are shot. Looking for a drive shaft shop that can rebuild it before I send it back to tom woods to do it...no I don't have a warranty on the woods...

The only one I found was up in Trenton. Pete's Welding & Driveshaft. Fair prices and they know what they're doing.

x2 on Pete's, I've had a few done there.

Mr. Driveshaft in Farmingdale isn't the cheapest, but you'll be happy with it regardless.

If you can avoid it, I wouldn't let geography dictate where you get the job done unless you have some reputable feedback about the place. It's really easy to spend money multiple times on a driveshaft.

General Spring on Route 40 in Franklinville (Maybe using Newfield for their address) has done excellent work for me in the past...lengthening/shortening/etc...plus rebuilds...they do send them out to their "mother shop" in Philly, so there is a couple day turnaround, but I always got mine back with fresh joints, balanced, and even a fresh coat of paint...prices were very reasonable as well, they dont act like its rocket science like some places do....check 'em out.
1856 Harding Hwy (rt 40)
Newfied, NJ (856) 697-0200

Ps. they also do leaf packs and coils

General Spring on Route 40 in Franklinville (Maybe using Newfield for their address) has done excellent work for me in the past...lengthening/shortening/etc...plus rebuilds...they do send them out to their "mother shop" in Philly, so there is a couple day turnaround, but I always got mine back with fresh joints, balanced, and even a fresh coat of paint...prices were very reasonable as well, they dont act like its rocket science like some places do....check 'em out.
1856 Harding Hwy (rt 40)
Newfied, NJ (856) 697-0200

Ps. they also do leaf packs and coils

Thats pretty close to me, might have to check them out.

Did you get the work done yet? Anyway for others that might be looking in that area, there's a shop in Vineland, rebuilt my CV shaft and they do great work. Called TJK machine, all they do is driveshafts and their number is 856.691.7811. It's a family owned business & they treat you right.

Last edited:
Back