• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Longevity of Full Traction heim/flex joints vs poly bushings?

I'm not going to argue the Strength of a Ruffstuff Heim. I know they are strong. my problem lies in the design of the injected race, they lend themselves to have issues. not saying all will have problems, but there are better options out there.

I honestly don't believe you even know what the **** an injected race is.

since when have I ever said a locked 35 was a good idea?

Blaine said reading comprehension isn't your strong point. Really, he did, and as usual he was right.

but if you wan't to get into it, the #1 failure of a D35 is the spider gears. replace the weak stock spider gears with a full-case locker and you have helped it out considerably. you still haven't fixed the issue of the weak housing, weak shafts and the small ring and pinion though..

I would never say that a d35 was adequate for anything better than being thrown in the ocean. I've watched one spit a side-gear out the cover pulling out of a gas station.

Irrelevant..

2" joints on my trackbar and axle side upper control arms.
IMO, the 2" joints do not have enough Race material, they wear out too fast. I prefer the 2.5" joint for trackbars. probably same reason currie sets up their trackbar with a 2.5" joint.

as far as the uppers, 2 uppers or one upper? with 2 uppers it is really easy to pre-load them wrong and cause premature wear. how did you set them up?

with one upper, once again, the 2" joints will be strong enough, but the races are too small (not enough surface area on the ball) and they wear out prematurely.

^This. I'm not hating on more expensive options, but the Ruffstuff heims owe me nothing at this point.

Hell, I bought 8 more for my rear 4 link.

I'm glad you have had good luck I hope it continues.

I honestly don't believe you even know what the **** an injected race is.
I can assure you that I do. do you?

Blaine said reading comprehension isn't your strong point. Really, he did, and as usual he was right.

please re-read your own post and tell me how my comprehension is wrong.

several people here claim a locked d35 is more than adequate for their 35's too. that doesnt make you guys any less wrong.

and since you brought Blaine into this, why don't you go have the argument about Ruffstuff Heims V FK Heims V JJs with him. I already have.

Irrelevant..
you brought it up.

You all win the internet. You all win.

LOL

I clicked on the thread thinking "hey, i have some positive feedback here!" .. but i guess you already knew that.

As expected I'd say, I guess, with 2 full seasons on our Full Traction kit, the joints are still rock solid. If we replace them before the 2014 season, it will only be because we pick up new arms and make the existing ones spares (I'm on a spares collecting kick right now..).

I could not agree any less.

I run Ruff Stuff heims all over the place, and they hold up great.

I have to rebuild my johnny joints every ******** season.
There's the info I was after. You guys put that thing through more hell in one season than I will in 5 years. Thanks dude!

Back