• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Liftgate Shocks

A locksmith can certainly key a new cylinder to match.

Be sure to bring along both the key that currently opens the lock and the key you want it to match.

That is where the problem lies. Let me go back 12 months.

For Christmas last year I left my new to me 2018 Toyota Corolla in Miami and went to the VI to visit my 1-year-old grandson that I hand not meet up to that time. Keys I did not need in the VI were left in the car. After 10 days in the VI I returned to Miami, and I am still searching for the car. Funny thing is when I bought the XJ in 2000 it came with 2 keys for the ignition and 1 key for the doors. So no, I do not have an original key for the doors.

I was being a "Smart A$$" by not ordering a third lock for the tail gate. Now, if the battery goes dead, I will not be able to open the tail gate.

4 months ago, the Metro Dade police broke a group that specializes in breaking into Toyota vehicles. Locked and alarmed made no difference.

Back