• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Lift setup

xjguy1991

NAXJA Forum User
General lift question.

Here is the plan. Nothing fancy, just reliable and good ride:

'91 XJ Laredo 2dr

Rear
D44 w/4.10 gears, 30 spline chromo shafts and TruTrac
OME JC2A rear leafs with OME JCXL AALs
JKS shackles
3 degree shims
Disc brake conversion
Extended brake hoses

Front
D30 w/RCV 30 spline chromo shafts, 4.10 gears and TruTrac
OME 934 coils
JKS ACOS
Extended brake hoses
JCR OTK 1-ton kit

31x10.50x15 Duratracs on stock Hurricane wheels

Opinions?

That is my list....almost. Why the JC2A? Isn't the JC1A taller? Just wondering why you chose those. Also I think you may be able to run 32's with minimal or no trimming. Other then that, 4.56s, 32's and maybe flat bushwackers if I need them, that is the list I have and am slowly collecting in the corner of my livingroom.

Oh, by the way 4x4groupbuy has the JC1a's for 109.00 each right now.

The 30 spline chromos all the way around are way overkill for 31s. Other than that it sounds like a great list. I'd love to have that setup for a DD. Look on the bright side, you'd NEVER have to worry about breaking a shaft.

That is my list....almost. Why the JC2A? Isn't the JC1A taller? Just wondering why you chose those. Also I think you may be able to run 32's with minimal or no trimming. Other then that, 4.56s, 32's and maybe flat bushwackers if I need them, that is the list I have and am slowly collecting in the corner of my livingroom.

Oh, by the way 4x4groupbuy has the JC1a's for 109.00 each right now.

My research indicates the JC1A have a lower spring rate and will sag sooner in my application.

Thanks for the tip on the sale.

lowrange2 said:
The 30 spline chromos all the way around are way overkill for 31s. Other than that it sounds like a great list. I'd love to have that setup for a DD. Look on the bright side, you'd NEVER have to worry about breaking a shaft.

Thats the idea. :yelclap:

How much have you found RCVs for? If they made them in the stock spline count for a D44 I would have some. I would just get 35 spline lockers but I already have a detroit...

How much have you found RCVs for? If they made them in the stock spline count for a D44 I would have some. I would just get 35 spline lockers but I already have a detroit...

The RCVs are for the front. They run about $850. I'll be using Superior axles for the rear.

while you are correct, i did do a 'oooh' when i read the build sheet, this guy deffinately likes not having stock axles!

any plans to go larger down the road? 31's + 4.56 is fine, why re-gear twice if you later want 33's?

as far as your steering setup... the OTK will require modifications to your trackbar (it should go otk at the same time to avoid bumpsteer)
it'll also hit your sway bar links, you can extend them ive been told. jcr makes a kit.

otherwise, that'll be a nice jeep, assuming you get shocks for it as well!

while you are correct, i did do a 'oooh' when i read the build sheet, this guy deffinately likes not having stock axles!

any plans to go larger down the road? 31's + 4.56 is fine, why re-gear twice if you later want 33's?

as far as your steering setup... the OTK will require modifications to your trackbar (it should go otk at the same time to avoid bumpsteer)
it'll also hit your sway bar links, you can extend them ive been told. jcr makes a kit.

otherwise, that'll be a nice jeep, assuming you get shocks for it as well!

Thanks for the info on the OTK. I'll look into the trackbar issue and the JCR link extensions.

lol... shocks are in the plan but haven't decided on any particular ones. Any suggestions?

JKS makes a cool otk trackbar bracket... but i still run the utk jcr steering.

im a shock elitest, i love foxes. but understand the price isnt for everyone... but i feel the rebuildable/retuneable nature of the better shocks justify the buy-in price. theyre also re-sellable.

$200/shock... fox 2.0, RR. or bilstein 7100 RR.

$100-120/shock... fox 2.0 emulsion, or bilstein 7100 emulsion.

less than that, and others will be able to help better =)

JKS makes a cool otk trackbar bracket... but i still run the utk jcr steering.

im a shock elitest, i love foxes. but understand the price isnt for everyone... but i feel the rebuildable/retuneable nature of the better shocks justify the buy-in price. theyre also re-sellable.

$200/shock... fox 2.0, RR. or bilstein 7100 RR.

$100-120/shock... fox 2.0 emulsion, or bilstein 7100 emulsion.

less than that, and others will be able to help better =)

Yea, I run Fox coilovers on the four corners of my YJ. Probably too much for this XJ. Been looking at either Bilstein 5150s or Edelbrock IASs

Back