• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Jensen "HD" stereo

Wallyman

NAXJA Forum User
http://www.crutchfield.com/p_522JHD3620/Jensen-Heavy-Duty-JHD3620.html?tp=5684&nvpair=FFBrand%7cJensen+Heavy+Duty#customer-reviews-tab

I doubt its the best sounding head unit but im a sucker for "heavy duty" stuff. Its why i likes Nextel phones.
they have three levels of features and this is the most expensive one. You have to spend $300 to get a CD player and a USB port. The USB port is all i like to use with the occasional CD.
Quite a bit of coin but it sure looks cool.

I've always been one for nice head units. I've always had Alpine, Clarion, and the lowest JVC.

I have an inexpensive Dual in my Jeep now and it works just fine. It's not "Heavy Duty" but why the heck do you need a "Heavy Duty" head unit? Do you plan you use it to chock the wheels while working on your Jeep? I've had an Alpine live thru water, mud, shock and pretty much anything you can think of. I can go hook it up right now and it plays just fine.

Bottom line: 300 bucks for a Jensen is retarded. If you want to spend 300 bucks go for a Marine Clarion. They are way more "Heavy Duty" than this Jensen and will actually sound good.

Why? because when you put rubber grommets and buttons on something, then make it look like a tractor with a paint scheme its cool. I didnt say i was goin to buy one, as the price is outlandish. And i was thinking i could use it as a wheel chock! I mean its handy enough and a good shape and heavy duty!

Why? because when you put rubber grommets and buttons on something, then make it look like a tractor with a paint scheme its cool.

I don't understand what you're trying to say here.

I know! You're saying you want to put it in a tractor!

You're going to need a boom box from the 80's to use for a wheel chock on the tractor.

On a side note, I got all worked up and forgot to tell you. You said you have to pay 300 bucks to get a USB port on the front. I'm not sure what my wife paid but that Dual Head Unit I have has a USB port on the front. I know it cost less than 100 bucks. It also came from Crutchfield.

I don't understand what you're trying to say here.

I know! You're saying you want to put it in a tractor!

You're going to need a boom box from the 80's to use for a wheel chock on the tractor.

On a side note, I got all worked up and forgot to tell you. You said you have to pay 300 bucks to get a USB port on the front. I'm not sure what my wife paid but that Dual Head Unit I have has a USB port on the front. I know it cost less than 100 bucks. It also came from Crutchfield.

That was my inner kid talking. Its priced well above what i would pay for it.
Too high in fact. I once bought a stereo at Target i think, some off brand named 3D-something or other for 95 bucks with a USB port on it a few years back on a chance it would be decent and it actually sounded pretty good.
I have a Renix era XJ that i dont lock the doors on because the glass costs more to replace than anything in the Jeep. Therefore i wouldnt want a head unit that i have to replace once its stolen. I also stay in the $100 range.
Like i said the inner little boy saw what looked cool and rugged, like a hurky machine. It was a form meets function type of thing. I'm not buying it.

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_158GT7...FFHD_Radio_Tuner_Built@in&nvpair=FFBrand|Sony

Give this one a shot. Ive got it in our '04 Outback, with a Bazooka sub, and in my '96, with a 500w Blaupunkt mono amp and 2 12"subs. Excellent sounding unit, full function with an i-pod or USB thumb drive, excellent HD AM and FM, all at a very reasonable price. And with Crutchfield's free adapter cables, install is a no-brainer! One thing I like to do when installing a head in an XJ is to use the DIN sleeve from the stock radio, as it has the tab on the top thad slides into a slot above the radio, and you can re-use the two mounting screws at the face. Just make sure the radio face protrudes far enough out the front so that the swivel-down face can fully open when you replace the dash facia.

The factory sleeve actually fits also. I've had trouble with aftermarket kits either having the radio sit too high or too low to line up with the hole in the dash trim.

I've got one in my 87. As one poster said, the time sucks. Other than that, not bad and it looks like 1987:listenmus I enjoy the Sirius and have it hooked to Polk marine speakers.

I do like the basic look, like 1987.. back to my childhood :) .
I ditched my sat radio account after the Xm/ sirius merger.I had XM and most of my favorite channels went away or were twisted into a different format. I recently began using my brothers' sirius radio in my house while he has it out of his vehicle... the talk radio channels are terrible. XM had a better variety.
In my opinion the service is worse than XM was. I shall not be getting another sat radio.

Back