• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Jeepspeed / Ultra4 XJ chassis/body and more

RWKHausSupply

NAXJA Forum User
Originally built ground up to the extent of the Ultra4 King of The Hammers stock class rules for the 2012 race. Started life as a 92 4dr. Was completely stripped and on a table for most of the original build.

Raced a few Ultra4 races and did well. But wanted more seat time for the investment and moved over to try JS. Was Placed into 3700 due to heavily modified 4.0 that OK in stock U4 class. Raced first race with Huge heavy D60RJ front and 14B GM rear (all 1 ton stuff due to U4 needs). Well to much axle for a 3700 class thats for sure.

After BWDC last year I planned out swapping the stock XJ rear leafs over to links and 9" F&R with bypasses front and rear(U4 was no bypass for stock class).

Removed axles and started fabing for linked rear. Got the frame side mounts in and done. Got links in rear and holes cut for coilover and bypasses in rear and for the front I got the front housing mocked in.

All stock rear leaf mounting (reinforced though) has been left for allowing to go back to leaf rear.

The side rockers have been plated and ties to inner cage with 1" solid stock that is very hard to see.

The rear 1/4 are .120 formed panels that are hard to even notice that plate rear corners and rear bumper wraps around lower corner. Makes for longer life in contact points. Rear lights are mounted in wrapped around plating. You would not know its plated unless you walk up close and look. Very clean but good for protection and structural.

Looking to sell minus: axles, motor, trans, trans case, shocks, lighting, GPS, etc.

You get: shell/chassis/caged body, links and steering.
Front susp is a legal 1700 RockKrawler setup.
Standalone professionally done harness with 92-95 ECU.
Booster/master by Black Magic brakes.
22Gal cell with foam (No deterioration what so ever on foam, 2 months ago).
Motorola Maxtrac 110W radio with about 75-100 ch programmed, will reach FAR!).
Intercom with full Radio integration and mike/speaker for prerunning without helmets.
Full gauge assembly - Trans temp, oil PSI, Motor Temp, RPM, and Full Wideband A/F.
Winters shifter with RAD Shifters Correct man. override kit to make full manual AW4.
Quick release steering wheel.
Caged legal to Ultra4 rules and Jeepspeed 1700/3700 All DOM .120 wall.

Corbeau Seats and 5 pt belts can be left in body for 400$ more.
Under body has Fuel sup/ret alum lines (-6) and Trans sup/ret (-6)
AND ALOT MORE I am missing.

The body is clean, with only DS front fender damage and rear upper roof line on top, not bad at all.
Currently wrapped.

All harnesses will be left in Jeep. Allowing very easy 4.0 engine drop in, and push to start, with stock ecu setup.

I would say to get this in to a 1700 class for a nice pre runner/crawler - you would basically need - rear leafs/shocks/bumps and axle. Front beam/axle and shocks/bumps. And a power assembly (motor/trans & Trans case if going 4wd). Also Wheels/tires.

IF you have a Beat up body but a good motor/trans/tc and axles, this is a great body/chassis to start over with.

Lift, cage, body plating, ecu harness and electronics is over 2000 just in bulk materials.

Will let it go for $1400 -
plus delivery of 1$ mile travel distance to/from location. Will need to deliver since it will be on a trailer. Delivery will need to be, to somewhere there is a fork lift or means to remove from trailer (2 eng hoist etc). I will let it go With the 2 axle fully reconditioned flatbed trailer that has railing/compartments for 4 gas/water square hunsacker style cans, and 2 - 35" spares on the tongue area with all new wood, paint, and new wiring etc for $2000 total more.

Here are some pictures of it complete and in process.

I can include (will Not sell separately from above though)-
*Brand New rear Currie F9 Bling axle with 5.83 ratio and 35sp spool for 3000$ more, bolt in to link setup on jeep.
*Brand New front Currie F9 Bling axle with 5.83 ratio soft posi unit, all 4340 axles and super joints, with full 5x5.5 outers with reid knuckles, GM brakes, high steer etc and steering parts - 4500$ more, bolt in to link setup on jeep.
KMC Beadlocks (JS Legal) 17x8.5 and General 35" tires (all new) 5 total - 2500$
*Brand NEW Fox 3 tube 2.5 16" bypasses & brand new RockKrawler 16", 2-5/8" coil overs with Coils, all presetup for rear of this jeep (as best first guess by Fox and RK) for 1700$.
*Brand New front Fox 12" 3 tube bypasses - 1200$
*320HP 4.7L stroked 4.0 with 10.8:1, good amount of head work with LS valves, port matched, large TB, header, etc. 1500$ and will throw in a worked over AW4 for 350$ more, with free TC.

Robert
[email protected]
Will trade everything for a Jeep LJ that is not a basket case and tastefully done.

From BWDC 2013
racedez1.jpg

On Mesa.jpg

From pas races etc
koh1.jpg

GlenHelenledge.jpg

Full frame reinforcement and stuff.
Cage1.jpg

framestiff1.jpg

passside.jpg

How it sits currently
rearlinks.jpg

nowside1.jpg

Sorry to see this go Robert. Somebody is going to get a killer deal.
For what it's worth, I'd suggest to who ever buy's this, pony up the $1500.00
and buy the engine with it. Would cost well over $4500.00 to replicate it.

GLWS Robert

Well I have to do family things now. I was being selfish with this and with a 6yo boy that wants to spend time with daddy and in the dirt, this wasnt really a wise choice for us now.

As for the engine I dont know how that price got in there I must have not proff read my own ad very well...

PLEASE BE ADVISED the engine would be $3050 (2700 for the eng and 350 for the trans) to stay in the jeep with the aw4. BUT then you have the shifter and engine harness etc all matched and ready to go.

So if I read this right, $17,350 someone can drive this away?

So if I read this right, $17,350 someone can drive this away?

Not quite. All the parts will be there. But currently the plumbing is not connected to the cooler or the cell, cell is removed but bolts back in, as is the battery box and no batterys. It will need shock mounts fabed for front lower and rear upper/lowers. I have the mounts for the rear lower and they just go on to housing. But the upper will need tube/mounting points added to cage/?.

But in essence. I remove axles and rear leafs/shocks. Removed front axle and susp. Removed cell to get to rear area.

Located and linked rear 9" with all blinging Yukon products, supported on a piece of angle (inplace of spring) at ride height. Front was also located and connected. UCA brackets and TB bracket tacked in. Spring buckets tacked on. And sitting on Pac I think 8" progressive springs.

SO a little bit of fab and completing the shock packages is about it, with some plumbing.

Or if a bit more ambitious (and prolly better) remove front coils and fab up CO with the bypasses in the front.

How the front currently sits. (well removed shocks and put in garage)
frontfront.jpg

frontside.jpg

Last edited:
Got it. I missed $400 for the seats and harnesses too.

Got it. I missed $400 for the seats and harnesses too.

Well if everything was wanted I would take 17500 and throw in a reconditioned to like new 18ft flatbed trailer.

Good to know! I've already got one, but am trying to help clear it up in case someone was interested in the whole package :)

Actually.

15000 for everything minus trailer.

That sounds like a pretty decent deal. That car is nearly complete, and I know first hand it costs about five times that to build.

Well looks like axles are sold.

I will let the main body go with all cage, bumpers, seats, harnesses, wiring, gauges, (basically all essential interior stuff), D30HP front, and C8.25 29sp rear, with 3" lift (rear leafs, front coils/spacers).

You will only need a motor, trans, TC, shocks, wheels/tires.

Total for 2000$ This is registered but I think is just about a year back on reg.

Back