• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Jeep Cherokee XJ OEM Roof mount tire carrier

2_jeep

NAXJA Forum User
Jeep Cherokee factory OEM roof mount spare tire carrier.

Chysler/Jeep Part # 82203257 fits 1991 - 2001 XJ

Brand New , never mounted . Small parts & instructions in the bag.

This is the x design looking tire carrier , whih mounts to the factory roof rails. Made out of 1 1/2" tube, pretty strong set up. Black textured paint.

If interested PM A ZIP CODE for actual shipping quote ( from Michigan )and a email address for a picture . weight of 20 lbs.

Asking $160 plus shipping

I wasn't aware there was a factory roof mount tire carrier ever made. Have any pics?

Nice try -

All Jeep XJ roof mount parts begin 5507xxxx or 5523xxxx

I'm afraid that 82203257 is not even a vailid PN!

I don't believe any pre Daimler chrysler PN's ever began 88XXXXX for any body part!

check www.parts.com if you want to check yourself!!

No crash guide in my shop, nor Cherokee that ever entered it,
had a factory mount tire rack!

Have you ever examined what little is holding the rack on?? Plastic friction fit pieces in drilled holes! Do you really want an oversized tire secured by that? I don't think the factory ever intended tires to be held by that luggage rack!

Just another example of knowing just enough to fool some of the people......

RebelofMetal said:
Nice try -

I don't believe any pre Daimler chrysler PN's ever began 88XXXXX for any body part!

Have you ever examined what little is holding the rack on?? Plastic friction fit pieces in drilled holes! Do you really want an oversized tire secured by that? I don't think the factory ever intended tires to be held by that luggage rack!

Are you accuseing me of wrong doing . Better read forum rules before makeing accusations on someones thread .

This is the same part number Chrysler # 82203257 , that is on the instructions in the parts bag I have . Better do your homework before acuseng someone of something . The part number is no longer on Dealerships inventory , because they were discontinued in 2002.

If anyone needs a picture , PM a email address and I will send it to you and send you the instructions.

wow guys. calm down on this guys. i don't think he's trying "anything"... geez
he just mispoke. it's not a factory OEM tire carrier, it's a mopar accessory...

spare_tire_carrier_1.gif

spare_tire_carrier_2.gif

Last edited:
Thanks FitchVA ,
those links show exactly what is on the instruction sheet .
Although this rack will not fit the Grand Cherokee .

RebelofMetal said:
Nice try -

I hate that! i cant believe you have never seen one of these! ive only had a xj for 2 years and i have seen many on here and ebay and a few in person. And last time i check this thread was to make a sale not accuse someone of wrong doing now shut up unless you know what your talking about.

Oh and i really like this roof top carrier there pretty cool i almost got one but then my friend sold me his roof rack. Whoever buys it you will love it!

Honestly I do not know what the tire carrier is rated for , nothing written on the instruction sheet that has a rating .I set a 32" tire on it and it fits . If you want a picture send a email address.

Check PM's all request of shipping quotes are sent .

Thanks for the response . :thumbup:

156140480WwiPsU_ph.jpg

quary-03.jpg

i have one, used to have a 32x10.5 tsl radial on it. I would put a 33" tire on it. right now it's on my 93 with a stocker tire.
I went to the hardware store and had to replace the tamper proof allen bolts with regular Stainless bolts because I lost the key
They should fit ZJ's that have the same roof rack style

tom said:
thanx for the pic. do you still have?

picture posted by DANO , Thanks for posting could'nt find a picture of this carrier mounted anywhere. :thumbup:

Yep , as of now available.

RebelofMetal said:
Nice try -

You are a dumb shit. enough said

Back