• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

January run.

XJumpmaster said:
Not yet. Israel was still working on it.

I won't be able to get the theater for an evening in January. Do we want to try somewhere further north? If we're going to combine the run and the party, maybe we should figure out where we want to do the run and look for somewhere nearby for the party.

Israel said:
I won't be able to get the theater for an evening in January. Do we want to try somewhere further north? If we're going to combine the run and the party, maybe we should figure out where we want to do the run and look for somewhere nearby for the party.
I think it would depend on where you decide to go for a run.

Maybe we could do like U4 does with their winter convention and have a breakfast and then a run.

Either way...you guys better get on the ball decide what you want to do. 10 days of Dec left. :D

I am working the weekend of the 26th but the rest of the saturdays are free. What about the pony express trail? I have heard that people have enjoyed that, but I have not personally been on it. I dont know how many options there are with the snow falling.

XJBANKER said:
I am working the weekend of the 26th but the rest of the saturdays are free. What about the pony express trail? I have heard that people have enjoyed that, but I have not personally been on it. I dont know how many options there are with the snow falling.

We could take the pony express trail to the dugway geode beds. I've been out there a few times digging for geodes. It's all dirt road, so not much adventure there, but chances are pretty good the weather wouldn't stop us.

Or, we could go out to the sand dunes. I haven't been there for quite awhile.

I have not been to either, straight dirt roads dont bother me because of the baby learning to support her head. My wife would probably enjoy that. Of course I better get my new seats installed while I am off this week. Back ones should be completed tonight.

I don't have a track, but anyone with a map should be OK. There really isn't a lot out there (at least around the geode beds).

XJumpmaster said:
That's funny, I was thinking Pony express too! Just haven't been on it yet. Does anyone have a gps and track that can lead it?
You don't need a GPS. It is marked well enough to follow without one. It is however more then a days drive to do it all, unless you leave at 7AM and come home at dark.

This however would be a cool run cause I might actually be able to take Shorter Bus on the run.

Back