• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Inyo, Sequoia, and Sierra National Forests Wilderness Plan - COMMENTS NEEDED ASAP

GSequoia

Everyone says I'm a jerk.
NAXJA Member
Swamp? Thats horrible.

We need to fight this guys.

I am opposed to the Inyo, Sequoia and Sierra National Forests Land Management Plans Revision. The plan would impact much of the land that I, my family and my friends have used for decades. It would restrict the use of what I consider to be the most scenic jeep trails, hiking trails and hunting ground in North America.

Specifically the inclusion of the Swamp Lake OHV trail and surrounding trails and lakes. This is one of the few trails that we frequent at least twice a year and sometimes more.

Please do not adopt these wilderness changes.

Regards,

Ben Holt

I sent this along earlier:

As a responsible outdoors enthusiast and public lands volunteer (primarily through the San Bernardino National Forest's Adopt-A-Trail program) I object to the expanded wilderness designation in these forests. The scope of this project would eliminate many OHV and camping trails, some of which are very popular, some of which see little activity but are still signifiant.

I do not feel the areas should be closed down as this eliminates legal OHV/Licensed vehicle recreation opportunities in the forests. By doing so this will directly cause the remaining legal routes to become over-saturated leading significantly more road erosion issues, camping/staging area issues, and potential traffic accidents leading to injuries or fatalities.. This will also cause an increase in illegal OHV usage in the forest; both from people who are not aware of the closures and those who chose to willfully disobey the law.

Through responsible management and volunteer outreach I feel that we can together responsibly manage our public lands, joining the knowledge of the USFS with the volunteer hours of the OHV community. I, personally, average over 100 volunteer hours per fiscal year in the San Bernardino National Forest working on litter cleanup, erosion control, tree removal, and many other tasks required to keep forest roads safe and healthy.

While I do live quite a distance from these forests I make it a point to recreate in them at least once a year, in fact I was recreating in the Sequoia National Forest just last week. While I am typically there in an unofficial capacity I do still make it a point to leave the backcountry roads in better shape than I found them by collecting any litter and correcting any safety issues such as fallen trees or unsafe erosion. I would gladly help with special volunteer projects.

Thank you,
Geoff Armstrong

Sent!

So sick of the liberal douchebags.
These people WILL NOT STOP, EVER, until all public lands are restricted and all guns are confiscated.
I will not be a slave.

I am writing to say that I am opposed to the Inyo, Sequoia, and Sierra National Forests Land Management Plans Revision.
This plan would impact a lot of land that I and my friends frequent often and have frequented for decades in fact. Restricting these lands makes no sense what so ever since there is already plenty of wilderness areas. By restricting these areas the public loses a lot of access to OUR public lands that include four wheel drive trails, hiking trails, fishing spots, and dispersed or primitive camping opportunities.
The vast majority of the public does not want this. Leave our public lands alone!
Thank you,

Jesse Rivers

Back